3 pt goes down TOO SLOW, B7100

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Hello,

I just installed a new hydraulic pump on my B7100. The old one threads let loose inside the pump and the pressure line wouldn't hold.

I have replaced all the "O" rings and copper crush washers. I also installed a new mess screen filter on the suck line. The old one was damaged. The new pump is working well, it lifts everything faster than before. The problem is the 3 point arms go down extremely slow. A few days ago, they wouldn't go down at all. I have the very rare gear reduction unit, I relieved the pressure in the line and they have been going up and down, just very slow.

Is there some bolt or knob that I don't know about to adjust how fast the 3 point arms go down? I put my 3 pt tiller on the back of it and it went down as slow as when there was nothing on it. I put oil around all of the fittings to see if I was sucking air and to the best of my ability, I don't think that is happening.

Any ideas? Any help?

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Between your legs when sitting in the seat is a knob (on most Kubota's, some are under the seat) that controls the drop rate of the 3PH. You need to open it (left) for a faster drop or close it (right ) for a slower drop rate or close it entirely for no drop at all.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Top of the Three point valve (yellow bolt) should be the adjustment for the drop speed.

If it worked properly before the pump was changed, then it should work the same now, that is unless some debris got into the system.

Attachments

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Top of the Three point valve (yellow bolt) should be the adjustment for the drop speed.

If it worked properly before the pump was changed, then it should work the same now, that is unless some debris got into the system.

You were correct, there was that bolt there and I loosened it and it dropped. Thank you for your help. I knew there had to be a bolt somewhere, but they were all the same color. Thanks again!