3 point hitch won't lower

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Lx2610 : Grapple. 60" QA. 63" Snowblower. Forks.
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Hey all My three point hitch on my tractor will not lower past 4.5. It will start rising at 4.5 to 8 but it will not go in the range of 1 to 4.5 I can put the lever down to 1 but it will Not lower any further.

I cant get my implementations on and off this dang thing unless they are 1-2 pallets off the ground.
I mess with the adjustment screws on the back I can get it to start raising at number seven but I cannot get it to lower until one is still stays at the 4.5 either way.

Any tips?
A9FD7E88-B38A-4F76-AEB9-F746DE2EFB24.jpeg

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Also the open and close dial does nothing.
If your referring to the knob under the seat, that is a flow control device for 3 point lowering. More or less it controls the rate of descent for your attachment weight, or the ability to lock the arms from dropping. In use somewhere pointed up or the middle is about right.

Your vertical lift arms/rods appear to be max extended. This places them at the point for max capacity not max movement. Try moving the lift arm lower mount inward one hole.
lift arm.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Here is a link to a video showing my issue.
From what I can gather you have two issues. The first as I described earlier will get your height adjustment in range.

The other is your control rod needs to be adjusted. I would have the dealer adjust this for you. I don't have the spec for that machine, and it is pretty particular. They are usually adjusted to the point at max height. The printed numbers are arbitrary, and are only for repeat reference. The three point is on the ground long before most are at the bottom of travel. It is the max height position that is the adjustment set constraint.

Reactions: 1 users

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
If your referring to the knob under the seat, that is a flow control device for 3 point lowering. More or less it controls the rate of descent for your attachment weight, or the ability to lock the arms from dropping. In use somewhere pointed up or the middle is about right.

Your vertical lift arms/rods appear to be max extended. This places them at the point for max capacity not max movement. Try moving the lift arm lower mount inward one hole.
View attachment 67256
From the dealer it was in the last

View attachment 67256
so they were in the middle one. I adjusted it to the closest one.. That also did not do anything either.

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Turn the knob as you see it to max left counter. Then place your control lever at the bottom. If you step on the 3 point arms it should come down. They are free float down not power so if any binding of the hitch TopLink, or arms, it wont free fall. Is the box blade fully on the ground yet? It may even be the sway arms binding.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Turn the knob as you see it to max left counter. Then place your control lever at the bottom. If you step on the 3 point arms it should come down. They are free float down not power so if any binding of the hitch TopLink, or arms, it wont free fall. Is the box blade fully on the ground yet? It may even be the sway arms binding.
So the box blade can hit the ground yes. But I can't lower any further. To take any implements off or on. My neighbor said it should go down further. He does have a kubota as well. He also said it should raise and lower starting from 1-8. Not 4.5-8

I will try standing on it here in a bit.

I will put the holes back to where they were prior. The furthest ones.

Can you explain the knob part? Do you mean the pressure control inside the cab under the seat?
Thanks for the help by the way.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
So the box blade can hit the ground yes. But I can't lower any further. To take any implements off or on. My neighbor said it should go down further. He does have a kubota as well. He also said it should raise and lower starting from 1-8. Not 4.5-8

I will try standing on it here in a bit.

I will put the holes back to where they were prior. The furthest ones.

Can you explain the knob part? Do you mean the pressure control inside the cab under the seat?
Thanks for the help by the way.
Even with the tractor off. I can do 1-4 Easy. Once it hits 4.5 I can feel it open the valve. So something is obviously off.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Watch a few YouTube videos. It seems everyone else's can lower all the way to unhook and hook up their implements just fine.

I'll call dealer in the morning.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Watch a few YouTube videos. It seems everyone else's can lower all the way to unhook and hook up their implements just fine.

I'll call dealer in the morning.
As Kubotafreak said in post 5, I suspect your feedback rod adjustment is off.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
What did the dealer say?
Dealer said to bring it in... so ill be there in 3 hours. I Will update once i have more information. I did it with the machine not running as well and can feel the resistance start at 4.5. on the lever. Assuming valve or piston at the bottom of the rotation. So something is off. I adjusted that rod all the way out, and all the way in. Same thing. Still, 4.5 or higher when going all the way in.

Where does that rod connect to that metal slot/PIN? It is in the center,I didnt see a screw to adjust that. But maybe I can nudge it with a hammer?

Also, I will ask the dealer for a service manual.

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Dealer said to bring it in... so ill be there in 3 hours. I Will update once i have more information. I did it with the machine not running as well and can feel the resistance start at 4.5. on the lever. Assuming valve or piston at the bottom of the rotation. So something is off. I adjusted that rod all the way out, and all the way in. Same thing. Still, 4.5 or higher when going all the way in.

Where does that rod connect to that metal slot/PIN? It is in the center,I didnt see a screw to adjust that. But maybe I can nudge it with a hammer?

Also, I will ask the dealer for a service manual.
That keyed rod looks fine. The only time they align is upon removal.
There are two main adjustments for the three point controls. One is the lever linkage itself, which adjusts its range of travel. The other is the feedback rod off the rock shaft, which changes the relief set point at max height. This adjustment is pretty sensitive, so I wouldn't advise maxing it out. Once you have the three point rock shaft at the proper max height this adjustment is within a thread or two on that rod.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
That keyed rod looks fine. The only time they align is upon removal.
There are two main adjustments for the three point controls. One is the lever linkage itself, which adjusts its range of travel. The other is the feedback rod off the rock shaft, which changes the relief set point at max height. This adjustment is pretty sensitive, so I wouldn't advise maxing it out. Once you have the three point rock shaft at the proper max height this adjustment is within a thread or two on that rod.
Okay so keyed rod, good. I still do not think it is the "feedback rod" Since i did adjust both ways only made changes when goin in fully. But once you are saying it is set. It should be fine and a non issue in the future.

So that just leaves the lever linkage..

I tried to pull up on kubota site, but search function not working?

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
control lever.PNG

Nut 60-50 is the lock nut for the adjustment according to this drawing. The bracket 10 should be slotted.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
the 3 point linkage does not start raising until around 3 or 4 units on the lever on both my last B2601 and current LX. With the lever bottomed out, the holes on the lower arms are about 7.5" above the ground. When I had the dealer check my B2601 for "no movement until 4 units" I was told it was to spec and this was normal. The LX behaves the same way.

Reactions: 1 users