3 point hitch lower lift arm measurement

Tim

Feb 15, 2010
Tampa, Florida USA
I have a category 2, 3 point hitch on a M5700. I would like to know when the hitch is in the full down position on a level surface how much distance should their be from the ground to the center of the holes in the lower lift arms? The reason I am asking is mine touch the ground when in the full down position, as a result it won't lift my bush hog high enough in the full up position for the trailing wheel to totally clear the ground. I intend to drill new holes further out on the lower lift arms for the vertical arms to attach to which will raise the lower lift arms. Rather than trial and error, if their is a standard dimension it would be a simple matter to disconnect the vertical lift arms from the lower, raise the lower lift arms to that dimension and temporarily block them , then slide the vertical lift arms out on to the lower lift arms, mark the new hole locations and drill the lower lift arms.

Thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sounds to me like you might need to tighten up on the top link and draw it in some. The top link can have a huge difference on the height an impliment gets off the gound. To far out and it wont lift up very high, to close in and you'll get the most lift but the impliment wont operate on the ground right.