3 Point Hitch L2250

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
Got an L2250 used it to clear the driveway last year but never used the 3ph.
I bought a 1 bottom plow to fool around with some garden stuff but when it showed up the pins were located in a fashion that was obviously too narrow for the lift arms that seem to be set about 26" apart. Looks like they are about 16" from what I can remember. I've been looking at Bush Hogs and I notice that they too have narrow pins on them. I took a look in the owners manual and the hitch shown there in the illustrations looks just like the one on the machine now. I'm looking to replace some of the rusted and frozen parts of the hitch and I notice that there is a "Narrow" version of the 3pt hitch available. Since all the attachments that I have been looking at seem to have the pins arranged in the narrow fashion should I consider changing the liftarms to the narrow type?

Last edited:

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Do you run out of adjustment when the arms are tried to be narrowed?

The "check chains" (not really chains) can be modified or replaced to allow the lower arms more adjustment.

Post a picture if you can of both the 3 PH and the implement(s).

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
The Machine and Plow are undercover for the winter up in Central Maine. Can't get any pics till spring. I'm pretty mechanical and I looked at what I had to do to close up the lower link arms. I'm not sure what it was when I looked at doing just that. But I do remember that things would start to look weird like the arms would start to bind where they are attached to the tractor or something. For me to think at that time that switching out the tow bar on the plow was the most practical solution fortifies my thought that it would not work. I wouldn't be afraid to have just cut the check chains off and replace them with longer ones to close the gap. I study the illustration in the owners manual and all I can guess is that if you flipped the lower link arms over it might create a narrow hitch. Now that I'm aware that most of the implements designed for compact tractors have narrow lift pins I'm glad I never switched out the tow bar on the plow. I have a tractor guy come by a few time a year to bush hog the pasture. He has a big machine. I purposely looked at his hitch to see how his arms looked on a big Kubota. Didn't talk to him much about it because discussing the fix meant that I might be cutting him out of the fifty bucks he gets by cutting the grass. I was surprised to see that there were narrow lift pins on this large 6' Bush Hog. His arms were positioned in a way that allowed him to close them up. I wonder if the year of the tractor "mid 80's" was when Compact tractors began arriving on the scene ant there were not a lot of "Narrow" type implements and the possibly was just overlooked when Kubota engineered the hitches on these early machines.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Kubota has the standard Cat 1 three point hitch and it sounds to me like your trying to hook up to Cat 0 implements. I have a B6100E and I have several 4 foot wide implements and my father has a L275 with 5 and 6 foot implements. I've hooked up to his 6ft pulverizer and dragged it around with no problems.

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
Here's a link to the plow I was trying to hook up.
http://www.thesmartfarmer.com/suppl...tractors__19-12-LEINBACH-ONE-BOTTOM-PLOW.aspx
I looked at the hitch dimensions an I'm convinced that it's the plow thats the problem. The pins on the towbar are the correct size but they are twenty inches apart. Looks like I'd have to replace the towbar. I'll give them a call to see whats up with that. Thanks everybody for your input.