3-Point Control Lever Stop

The_Wingnut

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060, ZD21, ZD28, ZD331, RTV X1100C, Branson 3820, JD 1020, JD 50
Dec 8, 2021
Tyner, NC
I have searched this forum and YouTube with no luck...so maybe I'm the only one that has this problem. My L series 3 point control lever stop knob (don't know the official name of it but hopefully you will identify what I'm talking about) is as useless as tits on a boar hog. Trying to limit the depth of my implement by setting the lever stop however, it will not tighten enough, by hand, to actually retain the lever if moved forward with more pressure than a slight touch. And as you know on a bumpy tractor being gentle is almost impossible. Seems the offset knob is just a bad design the metal stop that the lever comes in contact with easily becomes cockeyed and does not restrain the lever. When loosened to readjust I have to use a screwdriver to pull the metal plate back into position.

Anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

The_Wingnut

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2021
Tyner, NC
implement-height-stop-thumbscrew-upgrade.29317

This is the route I went with and it works well. The factory knob was very difficult to loosen and tighten given the location etc especially with work gloves or wet hands.
Nice, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my knob is not located in the slot, it's off to the side. There is a steel plate that crosses the slot that the knob is supposed to control.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Nice, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my knob is not located in the slot, it's off to the side. There is a steel plate that crosses the slot that the knob is supposed to control.
I was wondering if there was a difference! Sorry I was not any help.
Hopefully someone will offer a solution! :)

Reactions: 1 user

The_Wingnut

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2021
Tyner, NC
I was wondering if there was a difference! Sorry I was not any help.
Hopefully someone will offer a solution! :)
Hey, you did help! I'll be replacing the existing knob with the one from your post. Maybe that will also help keep it tighter. Maybe I need to see if I can locate it in the slot like in the photo....hmmm, maybe that's the fix?