3 point capacity

doskiez

Apr 6, 2010
georgetown, TX, United States
Our family just recently purchased a Zennoh zl 1501 with a 2cyl diesel. I believe it is the 18 horse model it says 15 for the pto. The previous owner said it correlated to a Kubota L 185 and I was wondering if this was accurate. I was also wondering if anyone knew how much weight the 3 point on this tractor can lift.
Thanks Guys

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
This is a guess but I would say between 700 and 1000 lbs. One thing for sure, if you don't have a loader on it the 3pt will lift more than the frontend can counter balance. My brother had a B 7500 DT. With the loader removed and a 4 ft light weight rotary cutter attached I could guab his brushguard and lift the front tires off the ground. If your lift works properly it will pick up more weight than the tractor can handle.

doskiez

Apr 6, 2010
Thanks for the info. I am building a traler hitch to move around all our trailers and I wanted to make sure it could handel our goosenecks. It sounds like it will from your post. I also do have a front end loader attached so I think it should be enough to couter balance. If not I can always go grab a load of dirt.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Like I said before, I'm making a guess on that weight just from past experience with some other small models. I would lean more toward to 700 lb side of that scale. You mentioned having a loader, I would first try to lift the tongue of the trailers up with the bucket. If it will handle them ok it would be a simple task to make a plate on the back side of the bucket to mount hitch balls to. It's a lot easier to watch in front of you and push a trailer into it's spot than it is to back it in. Just a thought, good luck with that.

doskiez

Apr 6, 2010
That would be a good idea if I had thought of it and wasnt almost done with the hitch. Also we have a 2 wheel drive and I would be worried about traction with some of the trailers. I will see how it goes, I may end up doing one of each. I will let you guys know I am planning on finishing the hitch tomorrow and I will post the results.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That sounds good. A hitch on both ends might work out nice for you. That would make it a double purpose machine, push one and pull on at the same time. Be sure to put some pics for us to see.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
From what I can tell in the pics that's some clean looking welds. Nice work, I would say that it's nice enough to be painted orange. I love to see a bead that looks like a stack of dimes on their side.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
doskiez,
Bulldog has been giving you some great advice.

The one thing about Kubota is they will not let you overstress your machine with the hydraulics as they will bypass well before before the point of destruction.

One thing to consider is filling the fel with a scoop load of weight to help keep the front end tighter to the ground.

I noticed you said your sister was barrel racing. That is ALWAYS my favorite event to watch at the rodeo. Those girls have nerves of steel cranking the horses at near horizontal positions while hauling some serious ass! You couldn't pay me enough to do that, no way!

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with you Traildust. Love watching the barrel racing. I have a cousin in Virginia that has been doing it for yrs. I don't see how some of those horses can get that low and for sure don't no how those girls stay in the saddle. If I laid a horse down that far in a turn it would be left with a permanent mohawk from the cheeks getting a grip.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
OH what I wouldent give to be one of those saddles on a horse during the barrel racin events!
If your luck is anything like mine I would end up on the sweaty horse side of the saddle on the one day they had a trial event of fat rider on boney horse day. I bet it would be 125 degrees just for a added bonus.

doskiez

Apr 6, 2010
Note to self.... Never mention barrel racing on the forum.

On another note thanks for the compliment on the welds. I have been welding for about six years now and it is always nice to be complimented on your work. I just did a quick spray can job to keep the rust down, but I am seriously considered painting it orange. I tried to lift the trailer with the FEL but I had no weight on the back of the tractor and it picked the rear tires up. My next projects, besides some general maintenence, I think will be to make a pto powerd welder or a balast box that I can put a ground engaging 3 point implement on. I will either do that or look further into balasting the rear tires or wheels somehow.