2022 Kubota LX2610 jerky

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Well just to add some context, it appears that the vast majority of LX owners are pleased with their machines as delivered; I know that I am in that camp - 1.5 years and about 120 hours later.

Unfortunately it seems that your LX needed some adjustment by your dealer, and it has been done. You indicate that you are now satisfied with your LX.

Although I am sure that your experience was frustrating, it is not an indictment of the LX's design or manufacturing. People and machines interact differently. I find the controls on my LX to function very well; you might not agree if you used my LX. I have seen people with decades of experience running equipment that are very forceful with their manipulation of controls, and I have seen people operating equipment for the first time being very smooth and gentle with the controls. Most times, it is the other way around.

Glad that your dealer was able to adjust your LX to your liking; I am sure you will enjoy it for decades to come.
Actually it is indicative of poor design and manufacturing.
The LX2610 should not be offered with the belly mower.
Pinning it up, removal and installation all suck butt.

In another 6 months to a year, I probably won't be able to do anything with the deck.

Worst belly deck to mess with I ever encountered ever.
Yesterday, I had a heck of a time getting my hand in to pin the deck up for using the 3 point with the deck hung.
Just having the deck hanging off the front pins is a piss poor design. I was told that nobody uses the back pins because they're harder to get to than the front pins.
Then I was told there was no place to hang the back.
So, the whole weight of the deck is cantilevered about 18" off those front pins. The deck isn't built heavy enough to stand up to that.
There have been reports of the metal stretching on the deck due to that.

I have trouble getting off the machine but I could have lived with that. I didn't expect much for comfort. We got rid of the last Kubota we had because it was uncomfortable. As did the neighbor I sold it to.

The hydrostat controls suck. But that's something else I could get used to.

The size and HP of the emissions free machine is faced by every manufacturer due to EPA regs.
Many machines are oversized for the horsepower.
I knew that going in.

If I could find anyone to work on things, I would have bought an older 955 or similar and had it restored.

We missed the whole mowing season because the deck hangers were never adjusted properly and the orange piece that hangs on the 3 point bent 3 times. It obviously wasn't adjusted properly. And I wasn't going to risk other damage by operating it like that.
It didn't help any that the differential went out on our 1996 Toro.
The pricks should have brought us a loaner.
The grass was pretty tall by the time we got to it

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Actually it is indicative of poor design and manufacturing.
The LX2610 should not be offered with the belly mower.
Pinning it up, removal and installation all suck butt.

In another 6 months to a year, I probably won't be able to do anything with the deck.

Worst belly deck to mess with I ever encountered ever.
Yesterday, I had a heck of a time getting my hand in to pin the deck up for using the 3 point with the deck hung.
Just having the deck hanging off the front pins is a piss poor design. I was told that nobody uses the back pins because they're harder to get to than the front pins.
Then I was told there was no place to hang the back.
So, the whole weight of the deck is cantilevered about 18" off those front pins. The deck isn't built heavy enough to stand up to that.
There have been reports of the metal stretching on the deck due to that.

I have trouble getting off the machine but I could have lived with that. I didn't expect much for comfort. We got rid of the last Kubota we had because it was uncomfortable. As did the neighbor I sold it to.

The hydrostat controls suck. But that's something else I could get used to.

The size and HP of the emissions free machine is faced by every manufacturer due to EPA regs.
Many machines are oversized for the horsepower.
I knew that going in.

If I could find anyone to work on things, I would have bought an older 955 or similar and had it restored.

We missed the whole mowing season because the deck hangers were never adjusted properly and the orange piece that hangs on the 3 point bent 3 times. It obviously wasn't adjusted properly. And I wasn't going to risk other damage by operating it like that.
It didn't help any that the differential went out on our 1996 Toro.
The pricks should have brought us a loaner.
The grass was pretty tall by the time we got to it
OK - it is definitely you.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
I am having a mechanic come to house to check loader valve as it can be very hard to get fine control. Has anyone had any luck with this issue
Service manager says first he has heard of this issue, though he did acknowledge issue with surge in HST
So far Kubota had done nothing about these problems
Wondering if they are still making the same loader valves or since 2020 come out Quietly with an upgraded controller

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Had my LX2610 Cab model since May. No jerkyness on mine. Sure, there's the occasional operator error of slamming the loader stick or accidentally hitting the treadle pedal when getting off of the machine. She'll jerk real good then. No innuendo intended.

I'm a toe to front of peddle -forward. Toe to back of pedal -backward kind of operator on the LX2610. Result is zero jerkiness. Anyone rocking their whole foot on that pedal to change direction is seriously skilled with foot control.

Just take it slow with the pedal and the loader stick. Experience with finesseing it will come. Every tractor I've operated is different.

I hated the hydrostatic transmission on a couple tractors I operated briefly, years ago. But I knew that with time I wouldn't nearly throw out my back going from forward to reverse like I almost did on those machines.

As for the loader operation. Easy on the stick, easy off the stick. I think my LX2610 Cab model weights a good 3000 lbs with the loader and box blade. But if I come off the loader stick too fast, even with an empty bucket, it will jerk and bounce the whole tractor. Easy on the controls. Easy off the controls.

As for the MMM issues... I'm a firm believer in having a dedicated mower. I never could see having one on a 4wd tractor / loader. I use a lawn tractor to mow my lawn. It cost less than a MMM to buy and maintain, and I never have to remove a MMM when I want to do real tractor work again. So other than that I can't comment on the MMM.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Had my LX2610 Cab model since May. No jerkyness on mine. Sure, there's the occasional operator error of slamming the loader stick or accidentally hitting the treadle pedal when getting off of the machine. She'll jerk real good then. No innuendo intended.

I'm a toe to front of peddle -forward. Toe to back of pedal -backward kind of operator on the LX2610. Result is zero jerkiness. Anyone rocking their whole foot on that pedal to change direction is seriously skilled with foot control.

Just take it slow with the pedal and the loader stick. Experience with finesseing it will come. Every tractor I've operated is different.

I hated the hydrostatic transmission on a couple tractors I operated briefly, years ago. But I knew that with time I wouldn't nearly throw out my back going from forward to reverse like I almost did on those machines.

As for the loader operation. Easy on the stick, easy off the stick. I think my LX2610 Cab model weights a good 3000 lbs with the loader and box blade. But if I come off the loader stick too fast, even with an empty bucket, it will jerk and bounce the whole tractor. Easy on the controls. Easy off the controls.

As for the MMM issues... I'm a firm believer in having a dedicated mower. I never could see having one on a 4wd tractor / loader. I use a lawn tractor to mow my lawn. It cost less than a MMM to buy and maintain, and I never have to remove a MMM when I want to do real tractor work again. So other than that I can't comment on the MMM.

Good luck.
We do have dedicated mowers. But they don't like ditches.
I found out a friend returned his LX2610 because a belly mower wasn't available for quite some time. I would have gladly hooked him up with this one. I would have got a bush hog and mirrors &/or camera.

Too bad they don't make a front deck for these.

Maybe somebody will come out with something.

Something like the deck off a Toro 300 series like a 325D or 328D would work.

Is there a front pto to run a snowblower?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
We do have dedicated mowers. But they don't like ditches.
I found out a friend returned his LX2610 because a belly mower wasn't available for quite some time. I would have gladly hooked him up with this one. I would have got a bush hog and mirrors &/or camera.

Too bad they don't make a front deck for these.

Maybe somebody will come out with something.

Something like the deck off a Toro 300 series like a 325D or 328D would work.

Is there a front pto to run a snowblower?
You hae an LX2610, it has a mid-pto. That's what runs the snow blower, useing a sub-frame with PTO shaft extension to put pto power up front. Also can operate a road brush.
I'd find a 5ft rear rotary mower like my Woods M5. It's what I use for larger areas and coarser terrain instead of my JD riding mower. I'd never bother with a MMM on one of these CUTs or SCUTS. Have seen too many complaints with hookup/un-hooking, and operating issues, to bother with one when the D130 48" just goes.

Reactions: 1 user

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
You hae an LX2610, it has a mid-pto. That's what runs the snow blower, useing a sub-frame with PTO shaft extension to put pto power up front. Also can operate a road brush.
I'd find a 5ft rear rotary mower like my Woods M5. It's what I use for larger areas and coarser terrain instead of my JD riding mower. I'd never bother with a MMM on one of these CUTs or SCUTS. Have seen too many complaints with hookup/un-hooking, and operating issues, to bother with one when the D130 48" just goes.
I never heard all the complaints about the mmm's until after we got one.
I don't think the LX2610 is going to mow the ditches anyway. Too high and tippy.
We got wheel spacers.but they're not doing much in the box

Reactions: 1 user