2021 SSV65 Amber warning light information (or lack thereof)

wfd2

Equipment
BX23, RTV900, M8560, and SSV65
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, MI
I have a 2021 SSV65 (30 hours on the meter) that displays an Amber Warning light that flashes and beeps on startup. It is not a red warning flashing light and it doesn't display a code on the hour meter. It eventually goes away ~15 secs. I've read the owner's manual and it states that an amber warning light is used to indicate the advance warning or other information. The red light indicates call dealer, which I do not have.

Since I don't have a code on the hour meter, does anyone know where to look to determine if I can wait (machine is in service now) for repairs or i need to stop using it immediately and call the dealer. I have no idea where to even look for this information as it isn't clear in the OM.

Thanks in advance

Pony Doc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
SSV75 Kioti LK3054 Oliver 1250
Dec 15, 2020
Central Colorado
Check in your owner's manual under "starting the engine under cold conditions". The initial RPM is limited until the engine reaches a specific temperature. The flashing amber light and beep indicate the limited RPM state. It doesn't specify what ambient temperature is "cold" and the engine temp gauge won't have moved before the flash/ beep stop. I don't consider the engine to have reached operating temperature, especially under load, when the alarms stop. It will still need some more warm up time for optimal operation.

Reactions: 1 users

wfd2

Equipment
BX23, RTV900, M8560, and SSV65
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, MI
Thank you! This makes sense as it doesn't happen all the time and appeared during late fall.

Now if it had a light for better traction!

Pony Doc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
SSV75 Kioti LK3054 Oliver 1250
Dec 15, 2020
Central Colorado
You can buy an over the tire tread (OTT) that puts a track over the tires, they are supposed to improve traction. They may result in the machine floating over the snow. They come in various designs incorporating steel and rubber. They are pricey. I have no personal experience to share.