2014 - L6060... what to look for?

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
Hi all,

In process of working with a dealer (New Holland) that has a '14 L6060 ROPS with just 400 hours on it.
It has the loader and bucket, no 3rd function or rear remotes. Dealer said the guy traded it in for a 100+hp cabbed NH and "nothing is wrong with it".

My question is, with this model, is there anything specific I should be checking out on it that may be an issue? An common problems? During my typical walk thru the only thing I seen besides some seat wear is the tie rod boots half missing... I would assume brush whacking at them beat them down as the front of both boots are gone while the back of the boots are fine. Other then that, no leaking anywhere... paint is extra lite orange, must have sat outside for it's life. Few small rust spots but easy to sand and repaint.

Thoughts?
Thanks all!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi all,

In process of working with a dealer (New Holland) that has a '14 L6060 ROPS with just 400 hours on it.
It has the loader and bucket, no 3rd function or rear remotes. Dealer said the guy traded it in for a 100+hp cabbed NH and "nothing is wrong with it".

My question is, with this model, is there anything specific I should be checking out on it that may be an issue? An common problems? During my typical walk thru the only thing I seen besides some seat wear is the tie rod boots half missing... I would assume brush whacking at them beat them down as the front of both boots are gone while the back of the boots are fine. Other then that, no leaking anywhere... paint is extra lite orange, must have sat outside for it's life. Few small rust spots but easy to sand and repaint.

Thoughts?
Thanks all!
If you do buy this, and want it to look like new,....go easy on the repainting, at least in the beginning.
Like most here, I absolutely hate the Kubota orange fading.
My L48 TLB apparently sat outside for 13 years, and had certainly acquired the faded orange look.
I did repaint all wheels, and both fenders, but I was able to compound/wax nearly everything else out.
My machine, which had 251 hours, now looks almost like new!

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
Thanks, I'm not too concerned in the paint color... just the fact it's been outside all it's life instead of inside. As for painting, it would just be touchups were any rust spots have started. There is no heavy rust anywhere just slight starts from scratches here and there.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi all,

Thoughts?
Thanks all!
Look for evidence of water in the fuel/water separator. Water in the injecters can result in very expensive repairs.

Check for regen level in Intellipanel. Might also want to run it through a parked regen.

Reactions: 1 user

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
Look for evidence of water in the fuel/water separator. Water in the injecters can result in very expensive repairs.

Check for regen level in Intellipanel. Might also want to run it through a parked regen.
Heading there tomorrow morning to do a final check on it... Will check the separator again, last time it was empty so I'm guessing they emptied it before I got there.

How will the Regen show in intellipanel? Does it show if it's a % full? I'm not familiar with it.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester

Would a 2014 model necessarily have all that regen crap?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Would a 2014 model necessarily have all that regen crap?
Yes. All L6060s have DPF, etc.
Heading there tomorrow morning to do a final check on it... Will check the separator again, last time it was empty so I'm guessing they emptied it before I got there.

How will the Regen show in intellipanel? Does it show if it's a % full? I'm not familiar with it.
Scroll through display mode until you see the bar graph. Will show percentage until next regen.