2013 Kubota M135GX

MBG

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M135GX
Sep 22, 2020
ohio
Hello, I need your advice on a short-lived tractor! I bought my Kubota tractor new in the Summer of 2013. I used it for tilling with a 90-inch tiller and bush hogging. The engine started knocking 6 summers later. At that time the tractor only had 190 hrs on it and still had plastic on the seat. I called my original Kubota dealer and he said take it to a closer Kubota dealer because it is possibly under warranty. The new dealer informed me that the injector was bad in the number 3 cylinder low compression and they'd let me know what they can do about it. I followed up 6 times and they said they were still testing. Just recently, after waiting a year and a half, they told me that the factory warranty was up (~3 years or 3,000 hours) and nothing they can do. They said that the engine had over heated at 120 hrs 240 degrees. Net, i paid 70K for a tractor I only got to use 190 hours and had to wait 1.5 years to get a final word. The dealer said Kubota would pay $3,000 and the dealer would match, leaving me to pay $20,000 to remanufacture the engine.

Also, I was wondering if the DPF exhaust admissions could have caused my injector failure or overheating. The dealer never informed me of any updates on the computer or firmware, so just wondering if this could be a cause they are not telling me about because of their failure to come out and do any updates. i understand it is out of warranty, but the intended use of this 70K tractor is WELL BEYOND 190 hrs. Further, I have purchased over 600k worth of Kubota's in the last 15 years, so I've been a big customer. Lastly, the reason I bought this particular tractor was because I saw it at the National Farm Machinery Show and Paul Williams, the product manager, convinced me this was a great tractor to buy. They will not let me talk to him. Looking for advise or clear direction of how to proceed.