Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
Last edited:

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I picked up a used 2018 model year 60" mid mount mower deck for the BX Kubota.
I also got a John Deere X700 Ultimate Garden Tractor.
It has the 23 HP liquid cooled Kawasaki gas engine in it. (62" deck and loaded rear tires)

We've decided to mow the entire field surrounding the cabin. (several acres)
Mowing the old farm pasture frequently with a finish mower turns it into decent quality lawn.
It looks nicer, reduces brush fire risk, and cuts down on the ground bees.
I'm going to try both machines and see which one I like better.
I already know which machine is easier to haul.

I was doing the cabin site mowing with a vintage John Deere LX172 riding mower. (14 HP, & 38" deck)
Every time I mowed, I did just a little bit more ground.
(I was mowing only about half of the total field area)
At the end of last year's mowing season it had become a chore, and took up most of a day.

The JD X700 gobbles gasoline, while hauling the fuel sipping BX Kubota, it uses a lot of tow vehicle gas.

The BX Kubota requires the double axle steel trailer.

The JD X700 can be hauled on the single axle aluminum trailer.

Decisions... Decisions...

IMG_20210330_193810534 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20210327_191735557 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
In my opinion .... like comparing an old rotten green apple to a perfectly ripened tomato! :LOL:

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
9492 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

We've had the 2011 BX 25 TLB since 2019, and have completed all the known backhoe jobs.
It was a purchase from family, with full maintenance history, at a great price.
The BX has had hundreds of hours of usage since purchase in 2019 both at the house, and the recreational property/cabin site.

IMG_20220529_191836805_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

The cabin site is around 30 minutes driving time away from the house, and I continue hauling the BX on a 7000 pound trailer equipped with four wheels of electric brakes with my Jeep.
We have added an electric brake controller to the Toyota Tacoma pickup, and use the Tacoma when we rarely trailer the Kubota any further away then just going to the recreational property/cabin.

IMG_20190711_200322180 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

So a month or so ago, we picked up the BXpanded backhoe dolly and removed the BT 601 backhoe from the BX.

IMG_20230908_155019002_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

We finally got a 40' Hi-cube shipping container hauled/installed at our recreational property early this spring for implement storage. So now after four years, we brought the brand new/unused/four year old Mahindra rebranded Kodiak 4' brush cutter up from storage at the house. Now we can use the brush cutter for cleaning up several old fields and pastures and get into the deer hunting food plot silliness.

IMG_20230518_171048070 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

The Kodiak brush cutter worked great, and it was my first time using one.
I only broke one 540 PTO shear bolt, and the second shear bolt doesn't owe me a dime.
The weeds and goldenrod being cut/chopped have caused the underlying native grass to flourish.
This should attract the local deer to the area we bush hogged. It's too late in the season for planting now.
I did get the BX stuck while doing bush hog work and the neighbor pulled me out with his large farm tractor.

IMG_20230820_162942231_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

The Trail Camera photo is the same piece of ground as the photo with the Honda Pioneer, it's just two weeks later.

I finished all the bush hog work that I am going to do for this season, and parked the bush hog in the shipping container for the winter. That container being a Hi-cube is 9' 6" tall and I can back inside the container without lowering the extra tall BX TLB ROPS.

IMG_20230904_143839579_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

And no, the pictured Honda Pioneer side by side will not extract a stuck Kubota BX 25 with a bush hog on the back from a mud hole.

09150032 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

After hauling the tractor back to the house, I figured I should do something for rear ballast on the little BX.
We use it for snow removal at the house. With the bar tires on the BX, and the backhoe attached, the BX will go anywhere in the snow and does a splendid job with snow removal. Now the backhoe is on the cart, so the rear weight/traction and front loader lift capacity are all seriously reduced.

I did look at inexpensive Amazon ballast boxes, and nice USA made ballast boxes are prohibitively expensive.
I ultimately decided to make my own from a 20 gallon steel solvent barrel and fill it with concrete.

My scrap steel pile in the barn had most of the material, and the drum. The concrete was free.
I did have to purchase a one inch diameter cold rolled steel bar four feet long.
Also several large diameter drill bits required purchasing.
All in for the job, $142
The Kubota orange paint (Rust-Oleum in a quart can) I already had and applied with a brush.

I debated with myself whether I should install PVC plastic pipe or pipes in the concrete for transporting
butch bars /tools with handles. I eventually decided that the weight was more important to me than the convenience of transporting handled tools. The primary usage for the ballast barrel is at the house doing snow removal and the tools with handles are readily available.

Kubota literature says the backhoe weighs 617 pounds, the concrete calculated weight and the actual weight of the barrel along with all of the steel is at 450 pounds. So overall, it's reasonably close.

After cutting all the steel pieces, and drilling numerous holes, I assembled the steel components with threaded rod and hardware. I had to turn down the ends on the 1" diameter purchased steel bar to 7/8" to fit the Class 1 three point hitch on the BX.

When assembled, I used a stick welder to weld the entire thing into a somewhat permanent position for transporting the ballast barrel on a trailer to the concrete pour location. Once the concrete was poured and cured, the concrete holds all the ballast barrel components in position.

I think it turned out nice for $142 and several afternoons of "free" labor out in my shop.

IMG_20230829_161059710_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230829_161042198_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230906_093225467_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230908_144139291 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230920_164800040_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

You can see the chains I added so the ballast barrel is supported by mechanical means rather that the somewhat light duty three point hitch hydraulics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
The people here with good visual acuity may notice the differences in the very first and very last photos in the above post. Originally, I had four of the Amazon (China) LED light bars on the BX25 TLB.

Alas, using the machine out in the rural woods has destroyed the left and right facing LED light bars.

Having all four LED light bars on the machine made it possible to do some nighttime septic system excavation for a family member, but generally I only do nighttime snow removal at the house so the front and rear facing LED light bars provide adequate illumination.

I don't believe I will replace the broken left and right side mounted LED light bars as they are really easy to smash when working in and around trees.

Reactions: 2 users

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I sold the John Deere X700 which was carbureted, and replaced it with a 5 years newer John Deere X720 which is fuel injected. The fuel injected X720 is much more fuel efficient than the carbureted X700.
The X700 was a GAS HOG. The X720 typically uses about half the fuel quantity the thirsty X700 used.
It is 27 advertised horsepower, V-twin, liquid cooled, gasoline, Kawasaki engine in the X720.
745cc displacement and electronic digital fuel injection.

I also sold the 60 inch mowing deck for the Kubota BX. Having to continually remove the Kubota mowing deck when taking the BX machine out in the woods for doing dirt work convinced me.
Having a dedicated "dirt" tractor AND a dedicated "lawn" tractor proved to be the best long term least effort plan. However, certainly NOT the least expensive.
The biggest pain in the ass was having the ROPS on the BX. It wouldn't get in under the tree branches.
I soon tired of constantly shuffling implements around. And I needed the ROPS when out in the woods.

The weight differences between the JD X700/JD X720 and the Kubota BX also was a deciding factor.
The Kubota BX needs to be hauled on the double axle steel trailer.
The JD X720 is easily hauled on a single axle aluminum trailer.
I tow the JD X720 up to the rural property somewhere between every 14 and 21 days, it depends on my available time schedule and seasonal grass growth rates. This late in the season, it will be close to a month. Mowing season here is late April/early May until perhaps early maybe mid November.
That's a lot of trips and the JD X720 on the aluminum trailer hauls much easier than the BX.

The JD X720 came with a 54" deck (yellow) when purchased. I had already sourced a JD 60" 7-Iron commercial deck (green) for the now gone X700, and that 7-Iron commercial deck slipped right onto the newer X720 easily.
The 7-Iron commercial deck shells are stamped/pressed out of 7 gauge steel. (0.1793" thickness)
That is the thickest stamped/pressed deck shell in the industry.
Selling the JD 54" deck also contributed funds back into the equation.
Both the decks on the Kubota BX and the JD X720 are shaft driven, with a belt driving the deck spindles.

Mowing the old farm pasture surrounding the cabin had plenty of rocks and off camber driving that put significant strain on the deck. I am glad I have the 7-Iron commercial deck on the X720 machine now.
It has proved over several years now that the correct decision was made for lawn duty.
I don't commonly get a rock strike now, I keep a crow bar in the cabin and when I finish mowing, I take the bar, or sometimes the Kubota backhoe, and remove the offending rocks.

I tried to buy a second Kubota BX with no loader and only a mower deck, but the dealer convinced me that buying a Kubota BX without a front end loader was a serious bad financial decision due to perceived and actual resale value later down the road.
I would have just removed the ROPS on the mower deck only equipped BX for getting under trees.
Buying a second BX with a loader (which was also an implement duplication) was many extra dollars.

I'm a Kubota guy through and through. I love that little BX. The projects I've done with it are truly amazing.
But for my lawn mowing tasks at my properties, it just didn't make sense for me.

I still use the Kubota BX TLB for many projects at the house and the rural recreational property.
I even took the backhoe off for the first time ever this summer, and hooked up the 4' brush cutter.

IMG_20230820_162938124_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

However, I cut the grass at both places with the John Deere X720. It makes sense for my usage.

IMG_20220504_145011855_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20220504_144959812_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I was rereading this entire thread, and I haven't done any real updates on the cabin, other than machinery for several years. We still have the white Old English Bulldog, who is the lazy project manager.
We have recently acquired a new JR project manager. He's a Mini Bulldog. 3/4 French Bulldog, 1/4 Old English Bulldog. The little guy is half the weight and length of the white dog, but the neck/collar size is the same as the white housemate. He has grown some since this photo was taken.

4357 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

Many years ago, I bought several sections of bowling alley. When the place shut down, they sold all the pieces of bowling alley. Cut with a circular saw. I bought four.

With a section of bowling alley, some workbench legs from Amazon, shorten the new legs and add casters and bracing, some 100 year old cherry trim boards, and finally some decorative iron work.
Then you have a rolling table in the cabin for dining and food prep.
That is, after a weekend of sanding with belt and orbital sanders.
Then another weekend doing multiple layers of polyurethane.
We did have to remove the lower legs to get it in the cabin door.

IMG_20201003_142239323 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20201003_142253621 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20200929_120201393 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20200929_120100332 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20200716_151617314_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

We have struggled with communications at the cabin.
It would be nice to call an ambulance if one was needed.
We did get an official "911" address for the property/cabin.
Copper land line phone and DSL (VERY slow) internet was available.
No cell signal available.
No cable internet available.
No fiber optic internet available.

Then one day we saw a new "line" strung on the power line poles.

I did some research, fiber optic internet and a $49 hookup fee.
With a cell network extender inside the cabin (wired connection to the internet) and
a WiFi router, we now have wired and WiFi internet and cell signal.
I pay for 200 Mbps up/down which runs everything.
Including two ROKU streaming TV's, and up to 1Gbps up/down internet is available if you want it.
The poles installation for the fiber optic line was crappy, the initial install was too low when it crossed a nearby road intersection, and it was torn down several times.
They finally did a poles extension (scab job) up 4 or so feet and now it isn't getting ripped down by logging trucks and Class A motorhomes.

IMG_20220524_172425666 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

We have running water (during above freezing weather) inside the cabin now.
We developed a natural spring, trucked in 20 tons of gravel, dug a six foot deep trench,
installed a well pump, pressure tank, and have water at the cabin kitchen sink.
We drain it during freezing weather for the season as we don't heat the cabin while not there.

IMG_20210806_190946519 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20210805_154213970_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20210806_191214668 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20210806_191235339 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20210806_191249983 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

Faucet_Water by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

If you "click" the picture with the running water in the sink, it is actually a video.

We are now finding ourselves enjoying the place now, with significantly less project days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
VERY VERY NICE work indeed BX25D Rookie.

I think I have around 400lbs on the back of my BX and it seems fine. I suppose if you ever were worried you didn't have enough, you could add a quick hitch and/or hang some metal off the rugged uppers (channel) on your ballast barrel.

I like it !

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Nice job!

I really enjoy the "out of the box" thinking I usually see in this section of the forum.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The people here with good visual acuity may notice the differences in the very first and very last photos in the above post. Originally, I had four of the Amazon (China) LED light bars on the BX25 TLB.

Alas, using the machine out in the rural woods has destroyed the left and right facing LED light bars.

Having all four LED light bars on the machine made it possible to do some nighttime septic system excavation for a family member, but generally I only do nighttime snow removal at the house so the front and rear facing LED light bars provide adequate illumination.

I don't believe I will replace the broken left and right side mounted LED light bars as they are really easy to smash when working in and around trees.
Curiosity:
Apparently the Hi-Cube containers are sold in 3 grades.
"wind & weather tight"......"cargo ready", .....and "one trip"
Which one did you get, and what was the delivered cost?

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
The place that sold it to me only sold two grades.
Cargo ready and one trip. Mine is a cargo ready.
The side of the container you cannot see in the photo has some good sized dents.
From inside to outside, so at some point in it's history, it had internal cargo shifting.
There are no holes in the steel, and the double layer plywood floor is solid and no flaws.
There are several steel welded patches. The rubber door seals are intact and flexible.
It works well for implement storage, and I will likely park one ATV inside for the duration of conventional firearms deer season, and both of the muzzleloader seasons.

I did weld a very tall old steel flag pole pipe to one corner of the container. I will string a 100 foot long outdoor rated 10 gauge wire extension cord from a repurposed telephone/power pole near the corner of the cabin, overhead to the repurposed flag pole. That way, heavy equipment, loaded 10 wheel dump trucks, and loaded log trucks will be able to get underneath the overhead wire, and I will have 20 amps of 120 volt power inside the container for anything I want.
(electric tools, lights, battery tender etc.)
I likely will not complete that task until next year

It will however at some point need some painting, but being constructed from CORTEN steel,
any surface rust will act as a protective coating. CORTEN steel is the same stuff you see on unpainted
steel beams used in modern interstate bridge construction. The rust becomes the "paint."

The container was right around $2k.
The delivery to my location from Philadelphia, PA/Trenton, NJ was slightly less than $2k.
All in, $3900 and change with a one year satisfaction guarantee.

Round trip from the yard to my location and the return trip back to Philly/Trenton is 400 miles.
The delivery charge is directly related to the two way distance from the yard.
They hauled it with a big late model Ford F350 diesel 4x4 pickup, and a fancy hydraulic trailer.
The only thing about my container I do not like is the door hinges are stiff as hell.
I have soaked them with PB Blaster, Kroil, and ATF. They are still stiff.
I am going to mix up a batch of Ed's Red (50% ATF/50% Acetone) and try that and see if it penetrates into the hinge pins. If not, some oxy-acetylene heat should do it.

I did do a security modification, I bought several feet of PEWAG chain with a square cross section wire
1/2" x 1/2" (square, not round) and huge case hardened links and cut it into two sections one foot long.
I cut small rectangular holes in each door, and stuck one end link of each piece of chain thru the hole in each door, and then skewered the end link inside the door with a five foot section of big rebar, and then welded the rebar inside each door in six places. I'm using three Italian VIRO keyed container locks.
You use one VIRO lock on each of the standard equipment container cammed locking bars on the right hand door, and the third VIRO lock connects the two pieces of PEWAG chain at the split between the two doors. The locks are NOT keyed alike, so I marked each lock with one, two, and three centerpunch divots,
and each matching key with the appropriate number of centerpunch divots. I sealed up the holes where the chain penetrates each door with plumbers putty to keep the yellow jackets out.

Nobody will be able to drag the container away, it's 10,000 pounds.
Plus the weight of anything I load into the container.
You will not get in that container using brute force or bolt cutters.
Oxy-acetylene torches and/or cordless grinder/cutoff wheel will however get somebody inside.
But they will need a lot of welding gas or many cordless tool batteries.
That PEWAG chain is crazy tough stuff. They use it for traction chains on the world's largest wheeled logging and mining equipment. The VIRO container locks are also tough as hell.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
9492 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

We've had the 2011 BX 25 TLB since 2019, and have completed all the known backhoe jobs.
It was a purchase from family, with full maintenance history, at a great price.
The BX has had hundreds of hours of usage since purchase in 2019 both at the house, and the recreational property/cabin site.

IMG_20220529_191836805_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

The cabin site is around 30 minutes driving time away from the house, and I continue hauling the BX on a 7000 pound trailer equipped with four wheels of electric brakes with my Jeep.
We have added an electric brake controller to the Toyota Tacoma pickup, and use the Tacoma when we rarely trailer the Kubota any further away then just going to the recreational property/cabin.

IMG_20190711_200322180 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

So a month or so ago, we picked up the BXpanded backhoe dolly and removed the BT 601 backhoe from the BX.

IMG_20230908_155019002_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

We finally got a 40' Hi-cube shipping container hauled/installed at our recreational property early this spring for implement storage. So now after four years, we brought the brand new/unused/four year old Mahindra rebranded Kodiak 4' brush cutter up from storage at the house. Now we can use the brush cutter for cleaning up several old fields and pastures and get into the deer hunting food plot silliness.

IMG_20230518_171048070 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

The Kodiak brush cutter worked great, and it was my first time using one.
I only broke one 540 PTO shear bolt, and the second shear bolt doesn't owe me a dime.
The weeds and goldenrod being cut/chopped have caused the underlying native grass to flourish.
This should attract the local deer to the area we bush hogged. It's too late in the season for planting now.
I did get the BX stuck while doing bush hog work and the neighbor pulled me out with his large farm tractor.

IMG_20230820_162942231_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

The Trail Camera photo is the same piece of ground as the photo with the Honda Pioneer, it's just two weeks later.

I finished all the bush hog work that I am going to do for this season, and parked the bush hog in the shipping container for the winter. That container being a Hi-cube is 9' 6" tall and I can back inside the container without lowering the extra tall BX TLB ROPS.

IMG_20230904_143839579_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

And no, the pictured Honda Pioneer side by side will not extract a stuck Kubota BX 25 with a bush hog on the back from a mud hole.

09150032 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

After hauling the tractor back to the house, I figured I should do something for rear ballast on the little BX.
We use it for snow removal at the house. With the bar tires on the BX, and the backhoe attached, the BX will go anywhere in the snow and does a splendid job with snow removal. Now the backhoe is on the cart, so the rear weight/traction and front loader lift capacity are all seriously reduced.

I did look at inexpensive Amazon ballast boxes, and nice USA made ballast boxes are prohibitively expensive.
I ultimately decided to make my own from a 20 gallon steel solvent barrel and fill it with concrete.

My scrap steel pile in the barn had most of the material, and the drum. The concrete was free.
I did have to purchase a one inch diameter cold rolled steel bar four feet long.
Also several large diameter drill bits required purchasing.
All in for the job, $142
The Kubota orange paint (Rust-Oleum in a quart can) I already had and applied with a brush.

I debated with myself whether I should install PVC plastic pipe or pipes in the concrete for transporting
butch bars /tools with handles. I eventually decided that the weight was more important to me than the convenience of transporting handled tools. The primary usage for the ballast barrel is at the house doing snow removal and the tools with handles are readily available.

Kubota literature says the backhoe weighs 617 pounds, the concrete calculated weight and the actual weight of the barrel along with all of the steel is at 450 pounds. So overall, it's reasonably close.

After cutting all the steel pieces, and drilling numerous holes, I assembled the steel components with threaded rod and hardware. I had to turn down the ends on the 1" diameter purchased steel bar to 7/8" to fit the Class 1 three point hitch on the BX.

When assembled, I used a stick welder to weld the entire thing into a somewhat permanent position for transporting the ballast barrel on a trailer to the concrete pour location. Once the concrete was poured and cured, the concrete holds all the ballast barrel components in position.

I think it turned out nice for $142 and several afternoons of "free" labor out in my shop.

IMG_20230829_161059710_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230829_161042198_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230906_093225467_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20230908_144139291 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

You can see the chains I added so the ballast barrel is supported by mechanical means rather that the somewhat light duty three point hitch hydraulics.
Good read. I like seeing and reading people approach what they have at their disposal, whether it be tastefully repurposing, and/or a mix of must-haves to fill the need minimally. Like myself.

Nice looking retreat.

Since buying my BX23s this past August, I really need to come up with some "creative" space for all of it's attachable tools. A shipping container would be ideal. I'm considering a 20ft turned lengthwise, with the whole side made into bifold doors, with a rack system full span.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Curiosity:
Apparently the Hi-Cube containers are sold in 3 grades.
"wind & weather tight"......"cargo ready", .....and "one trip"
Which one did you get, and what was the delivered cost?
Just for reference, I priced one out for myself about 6 months ago.

A 40 footer (pretty sure it was 40), Delivered to my cottage, in northern-lower Michigan, it came in at 4700 "out the door"

Not sure about the grading, he just said it was "very nice", whatever that meant.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
A shipping container would be ideal. I'm considering a 20ft turned lengthwise, with the whole side made into bifold doors, with a rack system full span.
Just an FYI, Rumor has it that some municipalities, will require"building permits" and such.

I have no idea if thats true, but knowing how .GOV operates, I would not put it past them.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Just an FYI, Rumor has it that some municipalities, will require"building permits" and such.

I have no idea if thats true, but knowing how .GOV operates, I would not put it past them.
Which is the one of the key reasons I moved away from concrete structures. With respect to nature and the wildlife, I pretty much do as I please where I am.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just for reference, I priced one out for myself about 6 months ago.

A 40 footer (pretty sure it was 40), Delivered to my cottage, in northern-lower Michigan, it came in at 4700 "out the door"

Not sure about the grading, he just said it was "very nice", whatever that meant.
Containers are usually sold by condition/grade!
Price can vary widely by condition.
"out the door'....... for what?

"wind and weather tight"?..... ratty, but usable for storage.
"cargo ready"?.... not pretty, but could be used for shipping again.
"one trip"? .....used "one time".

Your price of $4,700 would likely be for a "one trip" container, but then a delivery fee of possibly $600-$700 would need to be added.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Containers are usually sold by condition/grade!
Price can vary widely by condition.
"out the door'....... for what?

"wind and weather tight"?..... ratty, but usable for storage.
"cargo ready"?.... not pretty, but could be used for shipping again.
"one trip"? .....used "one time".

Your price of $4,700 would likely be for a "one trip" container, but then a delivery fee of possibly $600-$700 would need to be added.
"Out the door" meant all charges.....like price for container, taxes, delivery, setup etc.....The ones I saw on his lot looked pretty nice, but I was only curious about price at that point, not super interested in actually buying one.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"Out the door" meant all charges.....like price for container, taxes, delivery, setup etc.....The ones I saw on his lot looked pretty nice, but I was only curious about price at that point, not super interested in actually buying one.
Containers are a very cost effective storage method.,
Placing two, with 24' separation, and roofing them over, provides 40' x 40' dry storage for cheap money.

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
@Runs With Scissors:
"Just an FYI, Rumor has it that some municipalities, will require "building permits" and such.

I have no idea if that's true, but knowing how .GOV operates, I would not put it past them."

It might be true, or a rumor. But only if you tell them.
There is zero zoning at my camp location and only very slightly more at my home.

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I did an afternoon visit to the recreational property this afternoon with one of my motorcycle riding/hunting buddies. Today, nothing Kubota related.

We brought my Honda Pioneer side by side and three Stihl chainsaws, fuel, bar oil, and woods tools.
Today's task was ride around on all of my woods roads, trails, and paths for cleaning all the last years worth collection of branches and trees that have fallen. We don't cut anything new.

Deer hunting season will be arriving in mid November. Once the roads, trails and paths are all cleaned up, we schedule a day with all the mighty hunters and refresh/repair all of the steel elevated stands, the camo burlap ground blinds, and the fabric pop-up blinds. We like to have all the stands & blinds work completed at least two weeks before opening day of firearms season.
While there, I changed out the SD card in the trail camera.

The plans finally came to fruition late this summer and we were able to bush hog the field where the trail camera is set up. It was too late in the calendar for planting any food plot items, as we bush hogged on the long Labor Day weekend. I was really disappointed at the color of the field after running the bush hog. It was dirt brown. See post # 44 above. The grass in that field has taken off and is growing madly.
I guess the sun angle and abundant rain have helped.

I have owned the property for 20 years and never bush hogged that field before. The field was overgrown when I bought the place. I have no prior farming experience, and bought the land as a portion of my retirement portfolio. The woods are loaded with outstanding cherry and maple trees.
It's also a very nice place for playing!

09170017 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

10040081 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

09270063 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

09260055 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

10040082 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr