2005 Kubota BX2230 Price

Brett429

Equipment
Kubota BX2230
Sep 21, 2020
Charlotte, Michigan
Hello,
First off thanks in advance for helping me with pricing questions. I am looking at a 2005 BX2230 tomorrow with 647 hours. He says everything works properly except the rear locker. He later said it was working properly and he just didn't know how to use it. He also mentioned a belly mower could not be added as the mechanism is jammed. He is asking $5,000 and seems very firm. Is this a reasonable price considering its issues. The only attachment it comes with is a snow plow attached to the loader controls. Like I said thanks in advance!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
BX2230? Are you sure not a BX2350 at that age? You can tell by the body panels, if they're plastic it's a BX2350, if metal probably a BX2360 or the earlier model (can't recall model number).

Belly mower - I'd check whether the mid PTO turns. If it does, then it's just the lift mechanism he's talking about. That's not a big deal, I'd say you could fix it. If the mid PTO doesn't turn then that's a problem - the mid PTO is part of the transmission/gearbox/HST, and you don't want anything to be wrong in there.

(If you don't know how to check that, you need to move the PTO selection lever to the mid/under PTO, rather than the rear, then engage the PTO clutch. You need to be sitting in the seat, or have the seat fully lifted up, otherwise it'll cut out the engine when you engage PTO. You need to look underneath to see the PTO shaft turning - so someone other than you would need to sit in the seat).

That money sounds reasonably fair to me if it's in good condition. Does it have a full loader, or just a plow connected to the front hydraulics? Big difference in price - if you want a front end loader then I wouldn't buy an older tractor without one. I bought a BX2350 without loader, and added a loader. The loader cost more than the tractor did, and my resale on that will be poor.