200 hour changes

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
I am approaching 200 hours on my bx23s. The 50 hour change was made by the dealer. I am looking for suggestions in relocating filters and install wheel spacers. Opinions and recommended suppliers will help me get this done so I can do it myself.

Thank you

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Rich, all can be completed by you - not a problem. Just be prepared.

Get the correct filters - the correct spacers - the tools. A nice flat spot, a good jack and then tackle one at a time. The relocation of the filter will be the hardest part. Simply time and patience.

On the remote filter - two options, one is a Kubota off a B series and the other is the Racor. Both will do the job well. Get a 5/16" (8mm) quarter ball fuel cutoff valve too!!!

DO you have MMM? This answer will determine spacer size!

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
Rich, all can be completed by you - not a problem. Just be prepared.

Get the correct filters - the correct spacers - the tools. A nice flat spot, a good jack and then tackle one at a time. The relocation of the filter will be the hardest part. Simply time and patience.

On the remote filter - two options, one is a Kubota off a B series and the other is the Racor. Both will do the job well. Get a 5/16" (8mm) quarter ball fuel cutoff valve too!!!

DO you have MMM? This answer will determine spacer size!
Yes I do have a MMM. Are you suggesting both fuel filters and the oil filter? At 72 I am in pretty good shape to get down under the tractor, but why not make it easier.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
the oil filter is easy peasy ! The fuel filters are a PITA no matter the age! Having a fuel filter that you can "see" and drain are well worth the relocation.

As for the MMM - I think the max spacer you can get is 2" - but that does depend on if if have 54" or 60" MMM

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
the oil filter is easy peasy ! The fuel filters are a PITA no matter the age! Having a fuel filter that you can "see" and drain are well worth the relocation.

As for the MMM - I think the max spacer you can get is 2" - but that does depend on if if have 54" or 60" MMM
Sorry about that I meant to say hydraulic filter not oil.
My mower is
RCK60B23BX. Yes a 60 inch.
Do you know of anything negative about the relocation filters new location when done. I am ready to make this change just want to ask everything first.
Thank you for your help.