2 different size front tires

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have attached two pics of B7100 tractors. The one on the left with the Woods finish mower is mine. The other is just a pic I got off the web. My tractor has slick/turf tires on the front, and they are shorter, wider tires. From what I'm told this size is basically a trailer tire, and there are really not many options as far as tread is concerned. Ags or Industrials are not available.

If you look at the second tractor, it has ags, but they are narrower, taller tires. I'm sure I could find some rims of this size that would fit my tractor, but my question is- how do they put these taller rims up front without the front of the tractor sitting up too high. I would think the rears would need to be taller too, but they appear to be the same. Ideas??

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Tractordata.com lists AG tires for a B7100 as 6.00-12 for the fronts and 8.00-16 for the rears. Not sure if you'll be able to use the same rims. Hope this helps.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have attached two pics of B7100 tractors. The one on the left with the Woods finish mower is mine. The other is just a pic I got off the web. My tractor has slick/turf tires on the front, and they are shorter, wider tires. From what I'm told this size is basically a trailer tire, and there are really not many options as far as tread is concerned. Ags or Industrials are not available.

If you look at the second tractor, it has ags, but they are narrower, taller tires. I'm sure I could find some rims of this size that would fit my tractor, but my question is- how do they put these taller rims up front without the front of the tractor sitting up too high. I would think the rears would need to be taller too, but they appear to be the same. Ideas??
The ag tires are taller but if you do change the front be sure that you do the rear as well. The size that DsBota listed is what was on my 7100. If you only changed the front and engaged the 4WD you would find all the weak points in the drive train real fast. Ugly wouldn't even start to cover it.