1995 L35 that sometimes seems to not go into gear.

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
Update. Yesterday I put all new Super UDT 2 fluid in the machine and put a new filter on. It seems like maybe it improved things a very little bit but it is still slipping. Going to call the dealer today and make an appointment for them to do all the testing. I will keep you all posted as we get through this.

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
But I would crawl under it, passenger's side just in front of the rear tire, engine off and trace the hydraulic suction line starting at the sump, through the filter and on to the pump including the side branch containing the steering/transmission pump and cooler. Any seepage is a point that air can get in. Remember that this is under vacuum and fluid won't squirt out.
So those hoses seem to go all over the machine. Up into the engine, radiator? I looked at connectors as best as I could and everything seems OK? I am going to look again one last time but if it was leaking I would think I would see at least some staining/moisture?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
So those hoses seem to go all over the machine. Up into the engine, radiator? I looked at connectors as best as I could and everything seems OK? I am going to look again one last time but if it was leaking I would think I would see at least some staining/moisture?
The main pump and cooler are in front of the radiator. The steering/transmission pump is mounted on the right side of the engine so there's quite a bit of it.

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
Update: A after replacing all the fluids I am still having the same issue. It may be a very little bit better but certainly not what it needs to be. I am currently trying to get in touch with people to find someone that can diagnose it properly for me and then I can figure out my next step. Probably going to have to split the machine. Question is will I have the dealer do the work or will I be trying to save money were I can. I just looked over doing the split in the manual and while it does not look like a lot of fun it looks workable if I can find the place to do the work. Stay tuned for what the mechanics find and I will go from there.

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
Update: After dropping it off at the dealer they took a look at it. Unfortunately it is going to need the clutch in the transmission. Going to head over in the next day or two so that we can take a look at things and see how much it is going to cost... :-(

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
Update: They are shipping the tractor to the lead mechanic for the entire company. Will see what he comes up with.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I had that happen to me a bunch

the dealer network i worked for had 11 stores

wasnt uncommon for me to have 15 customer jobs lined up and they'd send a piece of equipment to me from timbuktu (one of their other dealers 400 miles away or whatever it was) to fix it. 10 minute fix, deliver it back to them 400 miles or whatever

don't miss it any either. Only miss the ladies and gentlemen that I worked WITH well most of them.

I'm gonna keep watching this thread for updates and hopefully a solution. Hoping it's not real expensive!

Reactions: 1 user

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
I had that happen to me a bunch

the dealer network i worked for had 11 stores

wasnt uncommon for me to have 15 customer jobs lined up and they'd send a piece of equipment to me from timbuktu (one of their other dealers 400 miles away or whatever it was) to fix it. 10 minute fix, deliver it back to them 400 miles or whatever

don't miss it any either. Only miss the ladies and gentlemen that I worked WITH well most of them.

I'm gonna keep watching this thread for updates and hopefully a solution. Hoping it's not real expensive!
I am sure the tractor is going to need to be split. I just want them to be 100% sure of the solution and make sure that they get everything when they pull it apart. Nothing would be worse then having to pay them to split it again!

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
Update: I got the call today and the problem is a C-clip broke in the transmission. They are going to start it as soon as all the parts are in. The cost to repair is not as bad as I thought it could have been because the older machines split a little easier. Very happy to have things finally moving forward and I can't wait to get it back all in good working condition again.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it was the C-Clip on the Hydraulic clutch yours must be an early model as that was a known issue on the very early models.

Reactions: 1 users

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
If it was the C-Clip on the Hydraulic clutch yours must be an early model as that was a known issue on the very early models.
I have heard that was an issue. Hopefully the new clip will make it so this never happens again. Once I get it back I will post a more detailed list of what they fixed. I know there were some other things they said they would do when they were in there.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it broke the C-clip on the Hydraulic clutch the only real repair is to replace the clutch housing with the newer style or you could be just doing it again in short order.

audiofn

Equipment
L35
Nov 13, 2020
Boston
How much is the clutch housing? Does 3900 sound about right for the labor and parts with the houseing?