1986 B7200 Hydrostatic Thanksgiving Dilemma

CHARLESINMAINE

Dec 29, 2019
Waldoboro Maine usa
Well I bought my wife another Kubota.
1986 B7200 4wd hydrostatic w loader. Prior to purchase drove well no issues. After off loading at home, lifted tractor front end off ground w loader to check wheel bearings. Following this procedure hydrostatic pedal does not move tractor forward or in reverse. Checked hyd oil level {full} , made sure high low was not in nuetral , made sure 4wd lever was engaged as well as in two wheel drive.
The only differential was lifting front end of tractor by rolling bucket. loader works fine, PTO fine, 3 point fine, clutch fine, no linkage externally to come un hooked
What should be my next step. My other older Kubota are standard trans.
ASSISTANCE APPRECIATED, did I fry the fluid ?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
1986 B7200 4wd hydrostatic w loader. Prior to purchase drove well no issues. After off loading at home, lifted tractor front end off ground w loader to check wheel bearings. Following this procedure hydrostatic pedal does not move tractor forward or in reverse. Checked hyd oil level {full} , made sure high low was not in nuetral , made sure 4wd lever was engaged as well as in two wheel drive.
The only differential was lifting front end of tractor by rolling bucket. loader works fine, PTO fine, 3 point fine, clutch fine, no linkage externally to come un hooked
Years ago I hopped off the Ford 1210 to do something. When I got back on, it wouldn't go. Long and embarrassing story, but turns out I must have bumped range selector so it wasn't in H or L - just in neutral :)

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The range selector does not specifically HAVE to be in neutral. Any position other than engaged in gear is neutral. They may bump just a bit to not quite be in gear.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
chim has it! Check if that lever at your right heel is somewhere BETWEEN the tortoise and the hare. Then pick one, It might take pressing the Fwd/rev/ pedal while actuating the range lever, to spin the transmission gears to get them to slide over one another.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Look up from the underside of the tunnel and make sure the drive shaft input to the hydro unit is turning. The tunnel cover can be removed to do the same inspection from above, but that takes tools and hand knobs ;-)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I own a DT not an HST but check to make sure the loader valve has gone back to neutral on both spools.

Dan

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Years ago I hopped off the Ford 1210 to do something. When I got back on, it wouldn't go. Long and embarrassing story, but turns out I must have bumped range selector so it wasn't in H or L - just in neutral :)
That happens to me somewhat frequently on my Ford 1920.

CHARLESINMAINE

Dec 29, 2019
Waldoboro Maine usa
Changed hyd oil / filter
range selector not in neutral
when clutch released shaft to trans turns
when hyd filter unscrewed oil is circulating to filter
pto works
loader works fine
3 point hitch fine
have tried with rear tires off ground

still no forward or reverse when hydro pedal forward or aft

PLEASE what would be next

it all started when using loader to lift front end off ground to check 4 wheel drive . Before that maneuver , forward and reverse worked fine . Not sure if 4 wheel drive worked. Tractor is new to me purchased at local auction , drove on and off of trailer and around our small farm

all input much appreciated

as would be next thing to check

CHARLESINMAINE

Dec 29, 2019
Waldoboro Maine usa

CHARLESINMAINE

Dec 29, 2019
Waldoboro Maine usa
SUPER THANKS TO ALL IN ASSISTING … Cleaned neutral valves after reading manual NOW SHE RUNS FELL FORWARD AND REVE5SE.

Range selector now seems to only have low range,
that sounds like a possible internal problem , any pre-tear down advice

charles
WELL AFTER A DAY OF PULLING A TRAILER LOADED W WOOD we hopped off to disconnect trailer Leaving tractor running, After hopping on , for no known reason we are back to no forward or reverse, has anyone experienced intermittent operation of forward and reverse? Perplexed in Maine