12 volt cylinder

Equipment
B2601
Sep 15, 2022
Ontario
Hello all, just wondering who would have any advise on buying a 12volt cylinder for a snowblower deflector hood and what is a good one to buy. Not sure about amazon ones Thks

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You'll need to measure 'full up.--full down' to get the stroke. In my case 4" was just a little under, 6" waaay too much.
Used a Korean made 'Hydroworks' model, cost was $49.95 CDN. So far 8-9 seasons of use doing 8-10 long driveways and 20 car parking lot.

Reactions: 1 users

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
This is the actuator I plan on ordering for my blower deflector on my new LX2610. I will have to fab up adaptors for the ends to connect to the chute. I was considering the hydraulic kit to connect to the third function but way overkill in my opinion. I have a linear motor on the blower that I have on the b7200 and works great.

www.amazon.ca/ECO-WORTHY-Actuator-Tracker-Multi-function-Electroic/dp/B01191JBVM

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
You can match the actuator's length of throw to your specifec chute by the location of your mounting brackets. You may need to make one custome bracket or put a riser under them.

On my mount, when actuator is fully retracted, the chute deflector is almost straigt up (no deflection). When the actuator is fully extended, the chute deflector is just shy of fully deflected downward.

When your actuator is in the fully retracted position, mark both bracket locations that will give you your wide open or deflection of choice. With it fully extended and the base bracket in the same position, see if the extended bracket will mount in the first spot with the deflector in the fully deflected position (or your preferred spot). If it won't....you need to move the first two locations and try again.

If there's too much arc in the throw of the deflector and your actuator will hit the housing.....you'll need to make a custom bracket or put a riser under the factory bracket for more clearance. Then start over with step 1 again. It won't take you but a couple of trials and you'll have the proper locations and details figured out.

Doing it this way will have the actuator's own limit stops prevent it from trying to over extend/retract the deflector and either bending/breaking the mounts or your chute. The actuator puts a lot of force on the thin walls of the chute. I reinforced the mounting areas with a "wider metal plate" under each actuator bracket.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I ordered mine from Amazon At the time it was about $30 iirc.
It was a very easy install. As other posters have mentioned a little 'cut and retry' required.
completed_20220116_095803.jpg

as you can see I also converted the rotation