Is Kubota credit sketchy?

jgregory2010

Equipment
B2301
Mar 14, 2018
Granville, OH
I should be taking ownership of my first Kubota next week (B2301). I paid a down payment and financed the rest for 0% interest. As I was looking around the internet for Kubota reviews i came upon several of people saying they missed a payment somehow and they were being charged interest for their loan now because of it. I thought maybe it was just a fluke but turns out there are a few reviews that said the same thing. My question is, has anyone heard of this and know what happened? I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake. If it is just a matter of someone not making a payment and missing their due date I'm not worried about it but if there is something sketchy going on I'd like to know. Has anyone had experience with this?

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I believe that is part of the deal. It is 0% financing providing you meet your end of the deal and make the payment on time. Once you miss or make a late payment, you'll face finance charges.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
This was my experience: Could not set up my account for over 30 days, talked to Kubota credit and they said it took some time to get it in the system. I kept my salesman in the loop with my communications. Kubota credit assured me there would be no penalty, they even said I could mail a check for the first payment but I wanted a consistent trail of auto payments from my bank. I finally was able to set up the account, over 30 days, and was not penalized and the rest has gone smoothly.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Not much experience with it but, no problems here. Used it for our little BX package with no issues of any kind. By preference (I think we had a choice), our loan was set up for monthly auto-pay. I would not hesitate to do it again.

On Edit: The previous posts refreshed my memory. We had a finalized deal but had to wait 6-8 weeks for components to come in before a half day drive to the dealership. I complained to Kubota Credit when they took a payment before we took delivery of the goods. They apologized for the mistake so I told them to keep it. Just retires the loan 30 days earlier than anticipated...

Last edited:

jgregory2010

Equipment
B2301
Mar 14, 2018
Granville, OH
I figured that part was true, thats common. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some weird rule about when the first payment is due since thats the one they all missed. If it really is they just missed the payment then i am good. I just want to make sure it isn't due the day i get the monthly statement or anything like that.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I figured that part was true, thats common. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some weird rule about when the first payment is due since thats the one they all missed. If it really is they just missed the payment then i am good. I just want to make sure it isn't due the day i get the monthly statement or anything like that.
I get a reminder the week before. The payment is always due the same day of the month for me. Pretty easy to account for.

jgregory2010

Equipment
B2301
Mar 14, 2018
Granville, OH
This was my experience: Could not set up my account for over 30 days, talked to Kubota credit and they said it took some time to get it in the system. I kept my salesman in the loop with my communications. Kubota credit assured me there would be no penalty, they even said I could mail a check for the first payment but I wanted a consistent trail of auto payments from my bank. I finally was able to set up the account, over 30 days, and was not penalized and the rest has gone smoothly.
Thank you, that makes me feel better. I have a feeling these people that are complaining just irresponsibly didn't pay their bill on time and were shocked when the interest was tacked on.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm pretty sure it says right in the contract that if you miss a payment they have the right to charge you interest from that point forward.
You don't pay and they charge interest, nothing sketchy about that, you did sign the contract under those terms. ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thank you, that makes me feel better. I have a feeling these people that are complaining just irresponsibly didn't pay their bill on time and were shocked when the interest was tacked on.
I too mailed my FIRST payment in, earlier than I should have ....just in case.

THEN I set up the autopay online - I get an email right before it is taken out, and it is done every month, of 60.....I have 4 more left!;)

BotaTrac

Equipment
Kubota B25D, Kubota L305DT, Kubota L2501D, Ford 681 Select-O-Speed
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Never had a problem with them. The salesman warned me about that and I made my first and second payment as soon as I got my payment info from Kubota, then setup auto pay to make a 1/4 of a payment every week. 0% interest is almost like OPM! (Other People's Money). NOTHING SKETCHY ABOUT IT.....

Also, look into their accidental mishap insurance. It's cheap enough and covers most forms of the stupidity that I find myself akin to :D

Reeko

Equipment
Soon to be BX25
Feb 21, 2016
Berea, KY
I do autopay as well. So far no problems and 2 years in on the note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
^^^Exactly my experience. I have had a previous 0% loan through Kubota, made my payments on time with autopay and never a problem.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Never had a problem with them. The salesman warned me about that and I made my first and second payment as soon as I got my payment info from Kubota, then setup auto pay to make a 1/4 of a payment every week. 0% interest is almost like OPM! (Other People's Money). NOTHING SKETCHY ABOUT IT.....

Also, look into their accidental mishap insurance. It's cheap enough and covers most forms of the stupidity that I find myself akin to :D
If you pay 1/4 of a payment every week you'll get it paid off early. There are 4 1/3 weeks in a month.

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
I should be taking ownership of my first Kubota next week (B2301). I paid a down payment and financed the rest for 0% interest. As I was looking around the internet for Kubota reviews i came upon several of people saying they missed a payment somehow and they were being charged interest for their loan now because of it. I thought maybe it was just a fluke but turns out there are a few reviews that said the same thing. My question is, has anyone heard of this and know what happened? I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake. If it is just a matter of someone not making a payment and missing their due date I'm not worried about it but if there is something sketchy going on I'd like to know. Has anyone had experience with this?
Congrats !! jgregory...enjoy your new toy. (and below when I say "you", I don't mean you specifically jgregory)

I have a real problem with those people that leave negative reviews or bash a company simply because they "didn't get their way" and refuse to take ownership of THEIR mistake, thereby blaming the company (now if a company is at fault, fine - they too then need to own it)

If the contract says, if you miss a payment the 0% deal is off and you will be charged interest -- and you miss a payment ? GUESS WHAT, ITS YOUR FAULT. Kubota is running a business, they are entitled to make a profit and you are supposed to READ what you are signing up for and if you don't follow it they are entitled to the remedy outlined in what you were supposed to have read. Don't like it? - then pull out your checkbook and pay cash for it.

So enough soap boxing and to actually answer the question: I have used and continue to use Kubota credit to enjoy the 0% offer - I make my payments on time through an automated pay method and have not had any issues.

Last edited:

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
Nothing sketchy from my experience. In fact zero issues in all the years I've been using them. I think our first loan was in 2007, had 6 total.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Also, look into their accidental mishap insurance. It's cheap enough and covers most forms of the stupidity that I find myself akin to :D[/QUOTE]

I bought my first two Kubota's with Kubota Credit with no problem, then when I went to buy my current L3560HSTC, they told me I HAD to buy their insurance. I refused and used my home equity loan to buy it. The insurance cost was more than the interest on my equity loan.

jgregory2010

Equipment
B2301
Mar 14, 2018
Granville, OH
Thanks everyone for your replies. I figured it was just people trying to blame others for their irresponsibility I just wanted to see if anyone knew something about it that I didn't.