BX25 Front Tires

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
I am also having the leak issue on my new Bx25 front tires. The dealer has agreed to install tubes in both front wheels to address the issue. A friend of mine who has the same machine also had tubes installed on his machine but claims that it creates another issue. He told me that after he had the tubes installed, he had issues where the front wheel would spin inside the tire and shear off the tube valve. He said he has gone through 3 tubes in the last 2 years due to this. Anyone else experience this issue?

Jim

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am also having the leak issue on my new Bx25 front tires. The dealer has agreed to install tubes in both front wheels to address the issue. A friend of mine who has the same machine also had tubes installed on his machine but claims that it creates another issue. He told me that after he had the tubes installed, he had issues where the front wheel would spin inside the tire and shear off the tube valve. He said he has gone through 3 tubes in the last 2 years due to this. Anyone else experience this issue?

Jim
Jim,

Before I bought my BX - this is the one "story" that I heard that kinda was a turn off - the front end tires loosing air and breaking the beads.

I have had mine 2 years, and yes the right front one week was a bit low - not sure why.....but was low! I do the old step on the tire with my foot, if it sinks too much, something is wrong! I have pumped my up to the max and then the ride is terrible - and have let air out to a normal amount.

I have heard that the fronts will loose air and still look normal.....strange as it seems - this is true!!! THOSE dayum things will act normal till you place a load in the bucket.

I "look" and mine often to see if something is wrong......never had tubes yet!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I had the same issue with the 2360 when it was new dealer gave me to jugs of slime I put it in pumped them up and have run ever since no leaks,, and if your friend is twisting the valve stem off he is not running enough air pressure

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
I had the same issue with the 2360 when it was new dealer gave me to jugs of slime I put it in pumped them up and have run ever since no leaks,, and if your friend is twisting the valve stem off he is not running enough air pressure
I did the same as skeets. Got the bead set, put in Slime, aired up to 30psi. NO MORE LEAKS. Ride is a little rough, but most of mine is off road anyway. After 3 1/2 years with Slime in there, still no leaks.

Dave

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Left front on my BX2360 does same thing every month or two.

Next time, it gets slimed.:p

Do a search, and you may find a similar discussion a year ago.

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Jim,

Before I bought my BX - this is the one "story" that I heard that kinda was a turn off - the front end tires loosing air and breaking the beads.

I have had mine 2 years, and yes the right front one week was a bit low - not sure why.....but was low! I do the old step on the tire with my foot, if it sinks too much, something is wrong! I have pumped my up to the max and then the ride is terrible - and have let air out to a normal amount.

I have heard that the fronts will loose air and still look normal.....strange as it seems - this is true!!! THOSE dayum things will act normal till you place a load in the bucket.

I "look" and mine often to see if something is wrong......never had tubes yet!!!
Yes I can vouch for the tire looking normal with low air pressure. Mine looked fine but when I checked the left front there wasn't enough air pressure in it to register on the gauge. I have decided to take the two tubes and keep checking the pressure before using it. If I damage one of the tires, at least I will have a tube to install rather than be stuck.

Jim

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I had a small puncture in my front right tire and the shop wanted to put a tube in it. I didn't. Soooo I plugged it with a normal plug kit and it's been fine. I can't see putting tubes in any tires that are or can be on the driveline of anything. That's just asking for trouble IMO.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I have one front with a slow leak also . Like everyone has said , you won't notice till you put a load on it .
Has anyone ever figured out why they leak ? Is it the tires or the rims? Would a different brand tire make a difference ? Do the industrial or ag tires do the same thing ?

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Mine leak because the valve stems spin in the rims. Doesn't cause a problem until winter when the rubber stems shrink. I wondered why the p.o. had zip ties on the stems. I am unable to get the tires broke loose to install new stems.

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I had metal valve stems put in all four of the wheels on my bx24, and the front ones still leak. It must the beads.

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
never use slime, it rots the rims .. had to rplc mine after prev owner's quick fix .. use none rusting ballast, liquid molecules are larger than air, don't leak, or at least as fast. You still need air, but at least the tire won't get damaged.

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
It is too bad Kubota continues to supply these tires and wheel combination as they are a weak link in a otherwise solid platform. Are there any aftermarket options to replace these wheels and tires?

J

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Has anyone ever figured out why they leak ? Is it the tires or the rims? Would a different brand tire make a difference ? Do the industrial or ag tires do the same thing ?
If I remember right from the last time this came up, it was attributed to the wheels and a leaking bead.

Don't remember if all types of tires. Mine are R-4's, and 1 does go soft.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
never use slime, it rots the rims .. had to rplc mine after prev owner's quick fix .. use none rusting ballast, liquid molecules are larger than air, don't leak, or at least as fast. You still need air, but at least the tire won't get damaged.

There has been an association between the slime and ALUMINUM rims.......not steel rims. Most of the time a rim has been damaged, THEN the slime or other has been placed and it looks likes the slime did the damage. I have used slime in everything from wheel barrows to car tires. I have never had any rim problems......have replaced tires once worn and did not see damage, then again the time from slime to replacement tires was small, less than 2 years.
We all know what NaCL will do ....then again it take a wee bit of time:D

Swelly

Mar 13, 2015
Anchorage, AK
Kubota now offers their own tire sealant that is water soluble. It will not harm the tires or wheels. Washes out easy if tire ends up at the tire shop. If memory serves me, it doesn't freeze till 40F

I can attest that it works. We even started using less than the recommended amount, and 100% success at this point. It is easier and faster than tubes. Anyone with Air can do it. Bottle comes with filler hose, and valve stem tool.

Guv

Equipment
B2601
Jun 21, 2015
Seguin Texas
My B2601 with a FEL would not show low tire pressure either! I just got my tires back from being foamed, $190.00 and end of problem. I have done this on three other tractors and it is well worth it, I shred Mesquites with my tractor and they have some nasty thorns. I've had'em go thru the sole on my Red Wings!:mad:

Orren

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 15, 2020
chipley,fl

Jim
After reading this I now believe the cause for front tires leaking is: the tire slips on the rem when using 4-weel drive. If this is the case, it pull valve stems off of tubs and break the bead seal on tubeless tires