Kubota L5740 Error Code 82

kirbyjwilson

Aug 3, 2010
Coalville, Utah
I have a Kubota L5740, I received an ERROR-82 / HST NG (swash plate position sensor fault) this morning. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but is this something I could initially troubleshoot myself (e.g. check the wires and the connectors going to the two HST position sensors for damage) without having to get it to the dealership? If so, any diagrams / pictures / videos available? Thanks.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
From another site, TBN, "Too late for the original poster but... I had an error code 82 this year and, since I couldn't find a lot of online info on it, I'll try to help the next person who might stumble upon this thread. Crazyal's guess at a branch getting into a harness was spot on for me. I got a small toothpick size twig caught in the harness while brushhogging. This let water into the wiring harness --- either rainwater or water from a recent hose down. After blowing out the harness and swash plate sensor sides, problem solved. I had exactly the same behavior as the original poster but, on an L3240."

kirbyjwilson

Aug 3, 2010
Coalville, Utah
Thanks for the information TripleR. I am such a noob - I don't know where the wiring harness is. I have all of the manuals for my L5740, and if there's a diagram regarding the location - I'll look tonight. Otherwise, if you have a brief description (and/or PDF) regarding where to locate that, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Kirby

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Check with Messicks and they will email you a diagram of needed parts and assemblies. I'm no mechanic, so rely on my dealer or brother; good luck.