B2650 Grapple?

KubotaUSA

Feb 28, 2020
Jonesville, NC, USA
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Kubota B2650 and would like to buy a grapple. I have looked at many different styles and brands. I’m interested in a root grapple but I am unsure of what size would work best for my tractor. I’m looking at 48” or 60” options. I plan on using the grapple to move brush, logs, stumps, and debris like that.

I am mainly looking for recommendations on grapples that would work best for my tractor and my application. Brands, sizes, or any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Kubota B2650 and would like to buy a grapple. I have looked at many different styles and brands. I***8217;m interested in a root grapple but I am unsure of what size would work best for my tractor. I***8217;m looking at 48***8221; or 60***8221; options. I plan on using the grapple to move brush, logs, stumps, and debris like that.

I am mainly looking for recommendations on grapples that would work best for my tractor and my application. Brands, sizes, or any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
You don't want or should say can't handle 60" on a B2650.
You want a lightweight 48" to 55" max.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Root-Ra...063387?hash=item2f3b29e19b:g:pP8AAOSwkdld-A3W

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Root-Ra...982196?hash=item4b70cc4434:g:-lYAAOSwTqtd-Azp

https://www.everythingattachments.com/55-Inch-Wicked-Root-Rake-Grapple-p/eta-55-wrrg.htm

https://www.mtlattachments.com/attachments/mtl-48-skid-steer-root-grapple-bucket-attachment

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I don't have one but would highly recommend checking everything attachments. They are located in NC and may offer you a deal with picking it up yourself.

Give Travis a call there.

I understand that grapples are all the rage currently, and I'm certain they are quite handy. However, I move all that kind of stuff quite easily with a set of forks. Just sayin' ;)

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Welcome to the forums!

I have a 2650 as well. This week was a 60" box blade. Next month, grapple.

If you are looking at quality, all my research so far points to the EA Extreme 55" Strong and light.

I just got a call from the trucking company, the boxblade is being delivered today! That is 4 days from EA. Really fantastic customer service.

Last edited:

Daveinwestmi

Equipment
L3560 ROPS, BX2380
Jul 6, 2019
Kalamazoo, MI
Bought this for my 2650, Everything Attachments Compact Wicked Root Grapple 50". It did everything I needed on the 2650. Sold the 2650 and bought a L3560, I'm going to use it on that and I don't anticipate any problems.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
I also have a B2650 and I have the 55" EA wicked root rack grapple. Works well with the tractor and the loader.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Based on other comments on this site, I just picked up my EA 55" Wicked grapple from the nearest freight terminal just over a week ago. It actually arrived a day earlier than promised. And even though I was further away than their free shipping area coverage, it was only $45 additional for shipping. I have not had a chance to put it to use yet, but looking it over, it is well built, and my guess is it was robotic welded. That or they employ some very talented people. I was slightly disappointed that it has cylinders that were made in China, and hoses made in Brazil, but in today's world that may not be a concern.

One of the main decisions in going with EA, was the weight of their grapple. I wanted to be able to lift the largest log possible onto my sawmill, and this seems to meet that need. I don't think I will be regretting my decision.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Based on other comments on this site, I just picked up my EA 55" Wicked grapple from the nearest freight terminal just over a week ago. It actually arrived a day earlier than promised. And even though I was further away than their free shipping area coverage, it was only $45 additional for shipping. I have not had a chance to put it to use yet, but looking it over, it is well built, and my guess is it was robotic welded. That or they employ some very talented people. I was slightly disappointed that it has cylinders that were made in China, and hoses made in Brazil, but in today's world that may not be a concern.

One of the main decisions in going with EA, was the weight of their grapple. I wanted to be able to lift the largest log possible onto my sawmill, and this seems to meet that need. I don't think I will be regretting my decision.
The same EA grapple is my short list to buy too! DeepWoods, I'm glad you mentioned about the minimal extra fee to cover shipping outside of their free area. That makes it that much easier to decide as I was expecting much worse. I don't have the 3rd function on the loader installed so that'll be an additional charge an headache to figure out how to do that. Since my tractor also has the backhoe I assume the valve hooks up in that same hydraulic loop the backhoe uses? I'm guessing your 3rd function was set up when purchased? Would love to see your sawmill setup someday!:)
Regards,
David

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
The same EA grapple is my short list to buy too! DeepWoods, I'm glad you mentioned about the minimal extra fee to cover shipping outside of their free area. That makes it that much easier to decide as I was expecting much worse. I don't have the 3rd function on the loader installed so that'll be an additional charge an headache to figure out how to do that. Since my tractor also has the backhoe I assume the valve hooks up in that same hydraulic loop the backhoe uses? I'm guessing your 3rd function was set up when purchased? Would love to see your sawmill setup someday!:)
Regards,
David
I too was expecting a higher shipping cost, and was quite relieved when it was only $45. I wanted to get my order in before the spring rush. Better to have it sit here for two months not being able to make use of it vs. waiting two months because the were out of stock. I hate waiting.

You are correct, my third function was put on at the dealer. I'm not sure, but I think it was around $1100 for that add-on. I'm not a hydraulics person, so I let them do the work. I know that the hydraulic lines run to the back of the tractor, but really don't know where they are connected. I don't believe they are on the same lines as the backhoe, but again, I'm not sure. I just know it works, and knew I was going to get a grapple, so it only made sense to have it done when I purchased the tractor. I'm sure some of the hydraulic experts on here could give you a better answer.

If you want, go over to forestryforum.com, and take a look at my photo gallery. I have posted pictures there of my mill and log arch build. I use the same deepwoods user name on their site.

Last edited:

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
I also have the B2650. Added the Land Pride SGC0660 grapple to the collection a few years ago and have been very happy with it. No issues at all. Highly recommend!

Attachments

eliot3b4

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 7, 2019
Eliot, Maine
I am purchasing a LandPride SGC0660 60" grapple for my B2650, through my dealer. Good price, and always there to help me with my tractor. They will be installing the Kubota B7302 3rd function valve.:)

Shipwreck

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 Loader, Bradco Grapple Bucket, AE Brush hog, AE Box Blade, Rake
Dec 17, 2019
St Clair MI
My tractor is an L3560 and I purchased Bradco grapple with it a couple months ago. I’ve been very pleased. I have also had very good luck with Everything Attachments EA. I’ve purchased their brush hog, box blade and rake.

dutchii

May 26, 2020
Milan, Michigan
I recently purchase a 9 1/2 acre horse hobby farm with an abandoned house that we will take down to build a new one and it is fairly open with a 3/4 acre pond on in the front yard. There is a lot of clean up that needs to be done with dead trees and limbs, uneven ground in the pasture and front yard, a lot of overgrowth including along the perimeter fence rows.

I just picked up my 2650 last Saturday and spent the weekend mowing down the tall grass with the Land Pride RCR1260 brush cutter I purchased with her.

I had the dealer install the 3rd function valve while they were building her after reading recommendations here.

I would like to pick up a grapple and forks and been reading a lot here and on Youtube. I was ready to go with the EA Wicked 55" grapple but then I watched this video about MTL Attachments comparison and I can purchase both the grapple and forks for less than just the Wicked from EA.

Does anyone have experience with MTL Attachments, and would share their thoughts. Not trying to be cheap and you get what you pay for but also have a house to build.

PS., on forks do you recommend 42 or 48" blades?

Sorry for the long post, as I said I'm brand new as of a week ago and enjoyed all of the information I have received so far and the discussions here helped make the decisions on the 2650.

Dutch

Attachments