2650 cab and Harbor Freight quick hitch

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Bought the QH and a modified top link hook and gave it a try this evening.

Even on the lowest holes, the 3pt does not drop down far enough to allow the top or bottom to get under the pins.

Am I doing something wrong?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Have you lowered your lift-arm screwjacks to their lowest position?

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
For immediate (temporary) fix, set your implements on pallets.

Bruce

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Change the hole the lift rods are attached to in the lower link arms. Typically there are three holes along the lower link.

See attachment

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Arms not dropping enough is one thing that can be the problem. The other is some implements I have like the landscape rake that I need to elevate to connect. When the implement is disconnected and at rest, the pins are almost on the ground. I have used blocks to hold the pins up to enable me to make the connection.

I have other implements like the rear finish mower that keep the pins maybe 10" off the ground. That makes it a cinch to connect to the tractor.

One of those projects I have on the back burner is to make retractable "kickstands" for implements like the rake so they can be parked with the pins off the ground.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
... One of those projects I have on the back burner is to make retractable "kickstands" for implements like the rake so they can be parked with the pins off the ground.
I purchased a new Land Pride rake recently and was pleased to see they have added a kickstand (my old LP did not have one).

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Well I got it working to my satisfaction.

I tried moving the arm to the lowest point and that was too low!!

I did notice that one of the stabilizer arms got bent up about 6" from the implement end. I flattened that out.

I put the pins back in the middle hole, as they were, and am now successfully using the 3 point hitch!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I'm not convinced that the bent stabilizer was the issue as I still had an issue getting it to go low enough to attach the first couple times, even on the lowest setting. I used the implements without the quick hitch and then tried again, with success.

I did buy an improved top link connection piece because my implements hit the bolt heads. I may still change these to pins, but for now it's bolted and both my implements use the same position.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good deal. On the bigger units like I have, both left and right stabilizer links are fully adjustable. The left is threaded and the right has a crank handle to extend and retract it and my lift arm ends are retractable too.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Good deal. On the bigger units like I have, both left and right stabilizer links are fully adjustable. The left is threaded and the right has a crank handle to extend and retract it and my lift arm ends are retractable too.
Did you really intend to refer to stabilizer links? Or perhaps you mean “lifting rods” (per Kubota)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Did you really intend to refer to stabilizer links? Or perhaps you mean “lifting rods” (per Kubota)
Had a brain fart. What is the right hand side crank thing called? Bevel Box or something like that, cannot remember. Lifting rods. Stabilizer links telescope on mine and secure with a pin in a keeper.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Had a brain fart. What is the right hand side crank thing called? Bevel Box or something like that, cannot remember. Lifting rods. Stabilizer links telescope on mine and secure with a pin in a keeper.
Kubota calls them “Lifting rods”. The one on the left is threaded/adjustable and the one on the right has a crank (and works via the “bevel box” which is a Ford term I believe. They lift the “lower links” (Kubota term) and the stabilizer bars can be either turnbuckle types or telescopic w/pins such as we both have (and which I prefer.)