BX2680 Hydralic Leak on FEL connect

bherron1

May 7, 2017
Clarks Hill SC USA
I have a leak where the front end loader four lines connect to the tractor. Not the hose connections top or bottom but where it goes together and pushes the pins down. Was wondering if anyone has a fix for this problem or has had this issue. Its dripping pretty good as soon as I connect and lock the handle in place. When disconnected no leak. Have cleaned everything really well and always careful to keep dust caps on when the loader is off. Trying to make sure Im straight before calling my dealer. I do most easy fixes myself even if its under warranty.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What's the fix? I have one in the shop-same complaint, just haven't had time to deal with it yet.
I have not heard of the fix yet, I just keep hearing more and more are having issues.
From what I've seen the hoses are too short and pulling the block when the loader is raised.
might be as simple as adjusting hose tie points, or hose routing, or moving the Quick disconnect block.

Let me know what you think when you look at it! ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have not heard of the fix yet, I just keep hearing more and more are having issues.

From what I've seen the hoses are too short and pulling the block when the loader is raised.

might be as simple as adjusting hose tie points, or hose routing, or moving the Quick disconnect block.

Let me know what you think when you look at it! ;)

My recollection is the same as Wolfman’s.
Don’t recall short hoses specifically, but seems several said the block was getting torqued somehow.
Be interested what your take is when you look at it, lugbolt. I haven’t seen one up close.
Didn’t look like a great idea to me when I saw a brochure....JMHO.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Combines have been using single point hydraulic connectors for a handful of years now. They too, are prone to leaking if there is not plenty of slack in the hoses. The cam type latch seems to have too much flex that allows a less than optimal seal. Never seen one leak in a big way but most of them drool.

bherron1

May 7, 2017
Clarks Hill SC USA
Spoke with the Manager and mechanic at the dealer today said they have not had or saw this problem but offered to get the parts under warranty to fix it for two years on these items. Im at 11 months so still under warranty. Going to clean and recheck tomorrow to be 100 on where the leak is, seems to be between the two blocks. Guess I will get the two blocks under warranty and replace them if that's the leak area. Starting to wish I just had four quick connects and may change to that if this leak continues.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Guess I will get the two blocks under warranty and replace them if that's the leak area. Starting to wish I just had four quick connects and may change to that if this leak continues.

Seems to be a common complaint here, so surprised your dealer is saying first they heard of it.
But it’s great it may be under warranty!
Be curious what the fix is...please update us!
I’m with you..4 connections seem simple enough....
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have repaired at least 6 units leaking at the rapid coupler. If it is leaking only when coupled, you have a failed sealing ring in the female (upper) coupler. The only repair is to replace the complete four coupler assembly. The lower couplers can be ordered separately.
Ask your dealer what the price is for the upper assembly, set down before he answers you though.

bherron1

May 7, 2017
Clarks Hill SC USA
Update removed the bottom plate and four quick connects pulled them out and blew thru each one with air compressor. One little piece of silicon rubber came out of one some type of gasket sealer inside the fluid, YIKES hope that's all of it. Put it all back together and defiantly slowed down the leak. After about two hours of bucket work it seemed to have slobbered just a tad but I guess that may be what its going to do. Never saw it drip again. Hope that's the end of it but gives me something to keep an eye on.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Update removed the bottom plate and four quick connects pulled them out and blew thru each one with air compressor. One little piece of silicon rubber came out of one some type of gasket sealer inside the fluid, YIKES hope that's all of it. Put it all back together and defiantly slowed down the leak. After about two hours of bucket work it seemed to have slobbered just a tad but I guess that may be what its going to do. Never saw it drip again. Hope that's the end of it but gives me something to keep an eye on.
This just started happening while I was doing some work yesterday. Thanks for the update. I'll look at getting mine cleaned out tonight to see if it helps.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Just talked with my dealer. He said they've updated the assembly a couple times. Would probably make it worth taking it to be replaced.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
My dealer sent out a serviceman yesterday to completely replace the entire coupler (upper and lower). If this happens to you again, may be worth contacting your dealer if you're still under warranty.

SusieS

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 26, 2020
Clover, SC
Hi, I just wanted to reply with some info here. I've searched all over for this info...even contacted factory cust. service and couldn't get this info. There is a service bulletin for this fix. It's not a recall as yet, but is a "fix as fail". Bulletin number is PSB-2018-082-R2. I'm not sure why our local dealer in Charlotte was unable to find this information...I called a service manager at a dealer in another state to get it. He knew all about it and gave me the bulletin number. There are either 2 parts or 3 parts depending on the serial number of your loader. Hope this saves someone some time. If you have one that's leaking fix it while it's still under warranty if you can.

GordonE

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 21, 2017
Carleton Place ont canada
I own a BX2380 and I did have the leaking coupler problem. The problem was repaired at the dealer under warranty. They changed some of the items at the quick coupler but I do not know the details.

tjk3

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, Pallet Forks, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Big Tool Rack
Jun 16, 2020
Maine
I own a BX2380 and I did have the leaking coupler problem. The problem was repaired at the dealer under warranty. They changed some of the items at the quick coupler but I do not know the details.
Same tractor, same issue. In the shop getting repaired. I guess the fail rate isn't high enough to warrant a more proactive intervention!

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Had the same problem with my BX2380. Repaired under warranty and shortly after began leaking again. I always cleaned the couplers very well before hooking up the FEL and always used the caps when it wasn't hooked up. Replaced the upper (loader side) coupler with 4, 1/4 NPT female flush face couplers from Summit hydraulics. Also required 4, 3/8 JIC to 1/4 NPT adapters. Hasn't leaked a drop since. I guess time will tell if I made the right move, but I'm happy with it so far.
IMG_2626.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
Same leaking issue with my 2380. Coupler assy (top and bottom) was replaced under warranty. The issue was initially resolved. No leaking. RnR the loader a few times and slight leaking came back. Found that by rocking the FEL corrector back and forth a bit before engaging the locking lever allowed the coupler to seat better, thus no leaks. If I just put the coupler on and engage the locking lever, the front two connections will weep. Seems simple, but it worked for me.

fransser

Jul 30, 2019
Sedgwick
Had the same problem with my BX2380. Repaired under warranty and shortly after began leaking again. I always cleaned the couplers very well before hooking up the FEL and always used the caps when it wasn't hooked up. Replaced the upper (loader side) coupler with 4, 1/4 NPT female flush face couplers from Summit hydraulics. Also required 4, 3/8 JIC to 1/4 NPT adapters. Hasn't leaked a drop since. I guess time will tell if I made the right move, but I'm happy with it so far.
View attachment 45096
I had the same problem with my BX2380. I found the female couplers and the adapters at amazon using the description provided. Here are the links to the items I purchased:

Female Coupler
Adapter

In case the links don't work, here are the raw URLs.

Reactions: 1 user