Land Pride LP Performance hitch

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
Looking for advice on Land Pride RC2512 12’ cutter for my Grand L6060. I want to order a new RC2512 with the LP Performance hitch. According to Land Pride, the LP Performance hitch may not be compatible with my Grand L6060 due to the spacing from the draw bar to the PTO shaft. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
Looking for advice on Land Pride RC2512 12’ cutter for my Grand L6060. I want to order a new RC2512 with the LP Performance hitch. According to Land Pride, the LP Performance hitch may not be compatible with my Grand L6060 due to the spacing from the draw bar to the PTO shaft. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

I bought a Land Pride RC3712 Rotary Cutter with the performance hitch last summer. I have used it on my L6060, but I did rotate the hitch 180 deg which gave ample clearance for the PTO shaft. I had to remove the stop that is there to keep the hitch from turning over.

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
That makes perfect sense. Have you been happy with the cutter? I have been comparing it to the Rhino TS12. The Land Pride has dual leveling rods where the Rhino only has a single rod. I have read a lot about wheels...laminated vs aircraft tires. I don’t anticipate needing to tow it on the highway, but thinking aircraft might still be the way to go.

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
That makes perfect sense. Have you been happy with the cutter? I have been comparing it to the Rhino TS12. The Land Pride has dual leveling rods where the Rhino only has a single rod. I have read a lot about wheels...laminated vs aircraft tires. I don’t anticipate needing to tow it on the highway, but thinking aircraft might still be the way to go.[/QUOTE

I am quite happy with the cutter. Mine is a 37 series, so it is pretty heavy, I didn't compare other brands, I have several Land Pride items and am very impressed with the quality and customer service of Land Pride. Mine has 6 laminated tires which work great, I am sure aircraft tires would work well also, towing speed wouldn't be a problem with an L6060, my M7060 has a road gear that is 24.5 mph which doesn't cause a problem for the tires I have.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Sticking my nose where it may not belong... apologize in advance if so... I’m not familiar with the cutter or it’s wheels..... But “aircraft” tires may sound like a great selling point, however keep in mind that “aircraft” spend their time flying around and not much on highways. They withstand high-loading for the aircraft for which they are sized, but they are not designed for long tread life or gripping on highways or vehicle travel. Don’t let the “name” mislead you.

A “6 ply rated” aircraft tire is commonly used on a 1500 lb airplane that never puts more than half mile rolling on every flight. A 24-ply tire used on a F16 at 200 mph touchdown speeds will be so stiff as to not even need air on a 1000 lbs cutter and will be impossible to mount/dismount on ordinary wheels it’s so stiff.

Common trolley wheels/tires make more sense on a cutter, IMO.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have a little trailer with aircraft tires on it. They are 49 years old. The trailer has sat outside for most of its life and has had a new floor put into it many, many times but the tires are still good to go.

They are mounted on split rims that are bolted together. The trailer is an off road trailer and to my knowledge has never had a flat in all those years. Many a mile carrying a disk behind 4 different cub tractors.

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
Is it possible to use an offset drawbar to lower the height of the hitch point? This would increase the vertical distance from the top of the drawbar to the PTO shaft. This would provide more clearance for the driveline which might gain enough space for the Land Pride LP hitch without inverting it.