Got an issue looming that could change your life...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The Corona Virus. Another confirmed case in California. I'm afraid it's coming to a town near you and there is no known cure.

Scary stuff...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Intertestingly, from what I read (and who really knows if it's factual or not, the way the media spins stuff today), is, the virus don't kill you, it's the pneumonia you get from it that does.

I'm not worried a lot about that aspect (if, indeed it's true) because I've had both of my pneumonia vaccinations which makes me immune from contracting pneumonia. Not a pleasant vaccination either. First one and my arm felt like it was going to fall off for about 3 weeks. Second one (a year later) and my arm only throbbed for a week. Tried to talk the nurse into giving me both in my butt but no way, arm only. I was willing to drop my pants. Besides, both time it was a pretty nurse....lol

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Regrettably the vaccine against the more common viral pneumonia will not work against this virus. More regrettably since it is a "new" to us virus, there is no herd immunity to help limit the spread. And although I have not seen any statistics for this, mostly pneumonias are most likely to be fatal in the very young and the old.....:(

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Regrettably the vaccine against the more common viral pneumonia will not work against this virus. More regrettably since it is a "new" to us virus, there is no herd immunity to help limit the spread. And although I have not seen any statistics for this, mostly pneumonias are most likely to be fatal in the very young and the old.....:(
Yep, I'm the latter. I see there were 3 unconfirmed cases in Michigan according to the Free Press, don't know how that's playing right now. I presume the Detroit Metro (Wayne County) area.

It has the potential to be a real bust.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so far 3% mortality rate, though #s keep going up.

It's gotta be real serious when China quaranteens MORE people than ALL of California AND are building TWO 1000 bed hospitals, 24/7 PDQ..EVERYONE in China is wearing masks

1 confirmed in Toronto here and typical liberal guv, yawning about it.
I'd like to know WHAT plane he came in on, maybe my neighbour who met his relative ,walked next to him when he sneezed and now... neighbour has infected his kids, who'll pass it on to school chums tomorrow ?? THAT is how it gets EASILY spread.. oh yeah 1-2 week incubation period, so 100s will have been infected, they spread to 1,000s BEFORE first group ae KNOWN to have it.

There is NO cure, NO magic pill, NO shot to take. IF you're healthy, you stand a chance of beating it BUT you've also infected a lot of weaker relatives/friends/neighbours.

and WHO doesn't think it's bad enough yet.......hmmmmmm

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
worry is interest paid on trouble you do not have.

But be careful, take precautions. Cover your mouth when you cough!

Wouldn't it be interesting if a virus ended the entire debates about 2nd amendment rights, anthroprogenic climate change and impeachment? I wonder what the Lib vs Conservative narrative would be.....

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
so far 3% mortality rate, though #s keep going up.

1 confirmed in Toronto here and typical liberal guv, yawning about it.

I'd like to know WHAT plane he came in on, maybe my neighbour who met his relative ,walked next to him when he sneezed and now... neighbour has infected his kids, who'll pass it on to school chums tomorrow ?? THAT is how it gets EASILY spread.. oh yeah 1-2 week incubation period, so 100s will have been infected, they spread to 1,000s BEFORE first group ae KNOWN to have it.
On the news today they stated that they will be checking on who was sitting in the immediate area around this infected person on the plane. This seems ridiculous as in my opinion at a bare minimum everyone on the flight should be checked and quarantined if necessary. On another report one stated that a person can pass on the virus at least a couple of days before they show symptoms themselves. That is scary!

Last edited by a moderator:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I read that this was stolen from a Canadian research lab by a couple of chinlee spys, and has been weaponized to be use as a biological weapon. True or not I cannot say but it sounds like something that could easily happen.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Never worry about something you have no control over. If you get it deal with it then, stressing over things that may or may not happen will do you more harm then the decease IMHO.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Reading articles and looking at numbers, the best precautions are the same as for any other flu bug. Frequent hand washing, covering your mouth, and if you are sick staying home and away from others.

Time will tell if this will be more than the typical flu season.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Never worry about something you have no control over. If you get it deal with it then, stressing over things that may or may not happen will do you more harm then the decease IMHO.
Not worried about it. After what I went through, not much concerns me anymore. I do not want it impacting my life in a negative way however. It's something you cannot get your 'arms' around and deal with. An unseen and unfelt killer.

I believe it's a 'spill' of some biological weapon as well.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Gotta wait till all the facts are in and I'm sure there will be plenty for rumours and finger pointing as always. I'm 63 now and have no idea how I got here this fast so I'm not gonna spend what I have left worring about what might happen. Like already said good hygiene is always a good practice at any time. Almost every year in the last few a new virus comes along, next one worst then the previous. One thing I do agree with Trump is fake news, the sob's love to blow everything out of proportion, why, money just like everything else in this world.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Well some of the news coming out of china from the nurses/doctors on the ground is that the government has failed to respond to their request for supplies to help the people, so they are essentially just laying in the hospital bed with little to no intervention being done. That typically wont happen in a western country, and certainly in the united states. This will likely be like SARS was. If you look at the data from that last viral outbreak from china, most all of the deaths were in China. The USA had 75 reported infections and 0 deaths. You typically dont see people dieng from pneumonia unless they are elderly or otherwise have a compromised immune system or other bodily weakness. Most healthy folks who would be traveling to china and back wouldnt die from this. Thats all based on what we know at present. Still a lot we dont know about this latest virus. It could be worse than SARS - it could be not as bad. Time will tell!

Also just to clariy someone previously said they arent worried about pneumonia because they have been vaccinated against it. There is no current vaccination for this latest virus so whatever vaccination you had is likely of no use against this. pneumonia is just a term of infection of the lungs - its not the name of a virus. There are many viruses that can infect the lungs and cause pneumonia. You can vaccinated against those viruses but it only works against those viruses. This is why you see people who get flu shots still sometimes come down with the flu, and they never understand why. There are many different flu viruses strands out there, and the vaccination only covers some of them.

Last edited:

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I read that this was stolen from a Canadian research lab by a couple of chinlee spys, and has been weaponized to be use as a biological weapon. True or not I cannot say but it sounds like something that could easily happen.
I've also read that the first cases came out a couple miles down the road from China's equivalent of a bioengineering lab that deals with the deadliest strains of virus' out there. Odd coincidence.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: ..On the news today they stated that they will be checking on who was sitting in the immediate area around this infected person on the plane. This seems ridiculous as in my opinion at a bare minimum everyone on the flight should be checked and quarantined if necessary.

Marketplace ( TV show) did a study on how 'dirty' airplanes were, the WORST area...... the headrests !! Dirtier than the restrooms !Millions of bad bugs there, guess where everyone grabs when walking to/from the restrooms ?

2 week incubation period,so if you're 'hot', you've had it for 2 weeks, passing it around without KNOWING you have it:(.....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really if you think about it. NEW YEARS EVE times square, a hundred of so brain washed people with something like this or small pox, or what ever kids today are not vaccinated for, walking around bumping people sneezing doing what ever. And there is a pandemic that would wipe out half of NYC in a few weeks, not counting people there for the fun and going back home to where ever. And this goes for sporting events everything from NASCAR to the super bowl. Not a good thing to think about is it

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
2 week incubation period,so if you're 'hot', you've had it for 2 weeks, passing it around without KNOWING you have it:(.....
makes since..... this is a common situation across many viruses.

we make a big deal out of students and employees etc. "stay home" when symptoms say your sick so not to spread the illness..... but reality is by then it is too late...... its already been spread by that person before symptoms showed up. Person should stay home to heal and get back to being at a reasonable level of productiveness. Prevent spread is pretty much mute point by then.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
side note of a bit of relevance...

god, mother nature, combination of both? controls overpopulation in several ways.

Famine
Disease
War
Natural Disasters