Kubota BX1800 Tachometer

armyaviatr

Equipment
Kubota BX2680, Kubota RTV X1100
Jan 25, 2020
DELAVAN, Illinois
I purchased my new to me BX1800. I believe That this tractor sat in the south west sun for 10 years after the owner destroyed the transmission by stomping on the differential lock when the right rear tire was spinning. The result was the final drive, brakes and Main transmission case were destroyed. After rebuilding the transmission with a mixture of new and used parts I now have a low hour BX1800 with FEL and Befco tiller for less that the cost of a used engine. One thing I hated was the instrument panel and light switch. So after some research I realized that if I replaced the dynamo with an alternator I could get a reliable tach signal. So I started accumulating the parts such as a BX1860 light switch, tachometer for marine applications from Amazon, Bosch automotive connectors, and some idiot lights from China. Below are my before and after pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

armyaviatr

Equipment
Kubota BX2680, Kubota RTV X1100
Jan 25, 2020
DELAVAN, Illinois
If any one is needing my old dash panel with switches minus the fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge and ignition switch I will make them a good deal. The old one is not even 4 months old and unless I am using the tractor it sits in a heated garage. Replace the original because it had turned grey.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I purchased my new to me BX1800. I believe That this tractor sat in the south west sun for 10 years after the owner destroyed the transmission by stomping on the differential lock when the right rear tire was spinning. The result was the final drive, brakes and Main transmission case were destroyed. After rebuilding the transmission with a mixture of new and used parts I now have a low hour BX1800 with FEL and Befco tiller for less that the cost of a used engine. One thing I hated was the instrument panel and light switch. So after some research I realized that if I replaced the dynamo with an alternator I could get a reliable tach signal. So I started accumulating the parts such as a BX1860 light switch, tachometer for marine applications from Amazon, Bosch automotive connectors, and some idiot lights from China. Below are my before and after pictures.
Is that now similar to a Huey panel ? :ROFLMAO: