Dealer gripe

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Kubota has had my zero turn for about 4 weeks so far. They aren't sure when the part is gonna be in. I'm not sure which they are waiting on.

I originally put it in for some recalls. Which 3 of them were on safety switches for the seat/ parking brake/ neutral switches for go arms.

Got it back and then couldn't get off it without it shutting down while parking brake was engaged. Issue started out intermittent then got worse over the hour I ran it.

That's when it went back to the dealer. Was told last week they were waiting on the PTO switch but not sure when it was gonna ship.

Then this week they said its possibly the brake switch but not sure. The part they ordered was on back order :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That sucks. I’m “fortunate” enough to live the dealer life and I get all the frustrations with dealers. The auto dealer world is a mess and sadly doesn’t look like it will get better without some drastic changes.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That sucks. I’m “fortunate” enough to live the dealer life and I get all the frustrations with dealers. The auto dealer world is a mess and sadly doesn’t look like it will get better without some drastic changes.
I'm just gonna repeat my earlier statement. I have no gripe about my Kubota dealer. My beed was with the GMC dealer ;)

My son in law works for the local Kia dealership as a tech. He said quite a few of the mechanics goof off, and then complain when they aren't making much money :rolleyes:

Luckily my daughter married well :D Her husband hustles at work :D They are constantly sending him out for more training and he has also gotten a couple substantial raises.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, my comment about your mower a while back was all in jest. Didn't mean for you to have to come back and explain your original "gripe".

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I'm just gonna repeat my earlier statement. I have no gripe about my Kubota dealer. My beed was with the GMC dealer ;)

My son in law works for the local Kia dealership as a tech. He said quite a few of the mechanics goof off, and then complain when they aren't making much money :rolleyes:

Luckily my daughter married well :D Her husband hustles at work :D They are constantly sending him out for more training and he has also gotten a couple substantial raises.

I know what you were talking about;). I just threw in the bit about the backorder parts.

I know what your SIL deals with lol. I do Ford/Lincoln and Mazda, but its getting to a point where we are losing a lot of experienced techs for a number of reasons, and trying to get a new generation to want to work and that can keep up with the business is really hard to do.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, my comment about your mower a while back was all in jest. Didn't mean for you to have to come back and explain your original "gripe".
I understood :D just figured since the thread is taking a turn I figured I would reiterate that my beef wasn't with kubota :D I do miss having the mower at home though :(

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I knew his original “gripe”. I was just trying to comment about how the coronavirus has affected the parts supply recently:). I tried to stay out of the dealer gripe lol, I get to live it :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I know what you were talking about;). I just threw in the bit about the backorder parts.

I know what your SIL deals with lol. I do Ford/Lincoln and Mazda, but its getting to a point where we are losing a lot of experienced techs for a number of reasons, and trying to get a new generation to want to work and that can keep up with the business is really hard to do.
Same in my line of work as well. I work in equipment rental for a specialty division (pumps and tanks).

Good help is very hard to find. I spent 2 weeks installing a well point system to remove ground water so a company could dig. The well point is 1" PVC pipe 20' long with 3ft of fine grooves in the bottom of them. Jet a hole in the ground using high pressure water, drop the pipe into the ground. Fill with sand, then connect the pipe to a manifold. Installed 3 runs with a well point every 6 feet. Each run was 1,800 ft long. 6 pumps sucking out the ground water.

Had a temp service supplying labor. Out of the 8 laborers. Only 2 made it. 3 were let go, 3 quit. And out of the two that made it, I told there boss that I wouldn't use one of them for the next job.

Honda was really bad for back order on engine parts for their small engines. Had some I finally canceled the order after waiting 5 months.

Got a couple other vendors that can be just as bad.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Same in my line of work as well. I work in equipment rental for a specialty division (pumps and tanks).

Good help is very hard to find. I spent 2 weeks installing a well point system to remove ground water so a company could dig. The well point is 1" PVC pipe 20' long with 3ft of fine grooves in the bottom of them. Jet a hole in the ground using high pressure water, drop the pipe into the ground. Fill with sand, then connect the pipe to a manifold. Installed 3 runs with a well point every 6 feet. Each run was 1,800 ft long. 6 pumps sucking out the ground water.

Had a temp service supplying labor. Out of the 8 laborers. Only 2 made it. 3 were let go, 3 quit. And out of the two that made it, I told there boss that I wouldn't use one of them for the next job.

Honda was really bad for back order on engine parts for their small engines. Had some I finally canceled the order after waiting 5 months.

Got a couple other vendors that can be just as bad.

Could go on for days about this lol. The other day I needed a hand to hold a wrench while I broke a bolt loose with the ratchet, clearly stated to hold the wrench that was already in place (my hands were on the ratchet), this kid puts his hands over mine to move the ratchet. Won’t use my exact words, but told him my 3 and 5 yr old girl and boy know the difference between a wrench and a ratchet