Kubota generator

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
I have been looking at generators for backup during storms and using for using power tools and so on out in the field and on side jobs. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the Kubota 11,000watt lowboy generators? I’m looking for something that will last a long time. Any other suggestions are welcome but need 11,000 watt so I can be used for outages. Also needs to be 220v capable and I prefer diesel over propane. Natural gas not an option here.

Thanks.

Rick

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I bought a 10,000 watt welder instead of a generator since it will weld and gen. For what it is worth. It has worked well for me. But if I was to do it again I would buy a PTO driven gen so that I know the engine is ready when needed. Yes it will use extra fuel and yes it will put hours on a tractor but that is what a tractor is for.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
My Dad picked up a used 6500 watt Diesel Lowboy to power his old house during outages. 110/220v.
They put a transfer panel in the basement.
It has been a reliable, trouble free rig and surprising fuel efficient' over 12 hrs per tank.
Always starts even when cold w/glow system. Not crazy loud.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
i just purchased a generac -8000 from costco and the transfer panel switch from home depot adequate size for her sheshed as well as standby for house interestingly there is a clear covered label on the generator manual that says LOWES did costco get a large shipment from L ???

2506shooter

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 24, 2020
Mount Airy, NC
I dont have any experience with the Kubota but I would highly recommend the little Craftsman inverter generator that Lowes sells for out in the field. For $500 when on sale they cant be beat. Extremely quiet and easy to move by yourself.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
If you ALREADY own a tractor with PTO... it should be a no-brainer to get a PTO driven generator. (why purchase a second diesel engine?)

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
I bought the Kubota GL11000 a couple years ago for a home back-up, I think it's great.
I cant say I have had to use it much since I got it, its well built and I am sure it will last a long time.
I keep it covered and connected to a trickle charger, I also installed the block heater thats plugged into a wifi timer, so it's not on all the time.

something I noticed when shopping around is that many on the market have a high surge output but continous output is typically much lower, but this unit and maybe most diesel units the surge and continous is either the same or real close.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
If you ALREADY own a tractor with PTO... it should be a no-brainer to get a PTO driven generator. (why purchase a second diesel engine?)
someone in last discussion on this brought up a good point..

why two diesel engines......

so you can repair your yard, road, help neighbors etc..... with your tractor.