Old Grease Gun Fixed

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I took advantage of the 10F last Sunday and tore in to my dad's old grease gun. He had that thing as long as I could remember and I figured it was at a minimum 50yrs old. It stopped working mid tube a few weeks back and I thought it was destine to become wall art.

First thought was to see who made it but the only marking was 42 stamped in the top. All hinges were riveted on from the factory so disassembly if I had to get the plunger out meant drilling and creating new fasteners. I started with a good cleaning and removed some grease out of that thing that was probably older than me. No leaking grease from around that plunger or shaft so the seal looks to still be good. I used a small plastic scraper to get that old nasty grease out, verified no blockage in the tube/nozzle and reassembled. Purged the air (which I had done several times before) and BOOM. It Works!

The only modification I'm gonna do is take off the fixed steel shaft and put on a flexible hose along with a safeLock tip. Just need to head to Rural King and grab the hose.