More Snow in the Northeast = More Seat Time with the BX2822 Blower

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
How did everyone else fare with that storm that blew through this weekend in the northeast? They were forecasting upwards of a foot but I think we got maybe 6”. Decent snow though, not to fluffy and not too wet. We finally have a base going on the driveway so I’m not sucking up tons of stones. Only needed to swap a shear pin once on this last go round.

I gotta say, the HD blower is a pretty tough cookie to be handling all the work my inexperienced operator self can throw at it. Once we get the driveway back in shape this summer, I am hoping next winter goes a lot smoother, but for now, I’m just glad it’s such a solidly built unit.

Some video for the folks that wanted more footage of it. I’ve got almost an hour of video from the last storm. I tried to edit it down, but if you wanted more specific shots of it in action, let me know and I can grab them the next time I have it out.

https://youtu.be/bkPNwMqPkQA

RyanG

Equipment
2019 Kubota BX2380, 60"mmm, FEL. 2018 JD X390, 54"mmm (for sale)
Sep 17, 2019
Fleetwood
Ended up with about 2" of slush here in the Kutztown PA area. Originally 3-6" then got downgraded right at the start. Had a bunch of sleet mixed in which killed the totals. Still had a chance to try out the new plow at least!

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
Ended up with about 2" of slush here in the Kutztown PA area. Originally 3-6" then got downgraded right at the start. Had a bunch of sleet mixed in which killed the totals. Still had a chance to try out the new plow at least!
Nice! Yea, my parents live in the Lehigh Valley and said it was kind of an "all show, no go" storm for them. A little hyped up in the news, but not much worth writing home about in the end.

Cool that you got to use the new plow! What did you go with?

RyanG

Equipment
2019 Kubota BX2380, 60"mmm, FEL. 2018 JD X390, 54"mmm (for sale)
Sep 17, 2019
Fleetwood
Nice! Yea, my parents live in the Lehigh Valley and said it was kind of an "all show, no go" storm for them. A little hyped up in the news, but not much worth writing home about in the end.

Cool that you got to use the new plow! What did you go with?
Yeah man it was definitly a let down. But I guess it's still early in winter!

I ended up doing a loader mount SSQA plow. I just made a post about it if you want to checkit out. Glad you had some time to play as well!
SSQA Loader Plow First Impression

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Where are they located in LVA? I'm up in the northern part and we ended up with about 2-3" of compressed slushy snow. Reports earlier in the week were for approx 8". :(

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
We had 5" of the fluffiest powder i"ve ever seen. I had to turn my deflector way low on the blower chute because I was chucking that powder so far it was going onto my neighbor's yard. Love 6" storms. Crank up the RPMs and floor it. Even my little 1880 hardly ever bogs down unless I'm blowing clear slush.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
I am now into my 3rd Canadian winter using my 2680/2822 combination. I have run this unit thru all types of snow in depths of mere inches to 3'. It has performed flawlessly through it all. It is,without a doubt, one tough little blower.

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
I am now into my 3rd Canadian winter using my 2680/2822 combination. I have run this unit thru all types of snow in depths of mere inches to 3'. It has performed flawlessly through it all. It is,without a doubt, one tough little blower.
Agreed. We are very impressed.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
We got wet snow followed by rising temperatures and a little rain. The result was some of the heaviest snow/slush I've ever worked with.

At home I spent 2.5 hours on the B7510/B2782 on Sunday - it was hard work.
On Monday at the airport I spent 5 hours on the B2410/B2550. I went through an entire tank of fuel, one auger shear bolt and a bolt on the discharge chute. I've never gone through an entire tank of fuel in one session, so that gives an idea of how hard that crap was to blow. It was like slush with chunks of ice in it - ugly.

Yes, it's amazing what these little machines will do, how much snow they will go through. For those of us who have front-mounted blowers and heated cabs, we are very spoiled indeed.