Cutting steel with a circular saw

ToniBekok

Equipment
not
May 12, 2021
Melbourne
Hell, I would love to work with plasma cutter, I'm sure it would be very cool. I also work with car ramps and all this time I've been coping with it with the Rockwell Compact Circular Saw. This model is just perfect for this job, click here to look at it. You will see this in the third place in the list. I was even surprised when I saw that this model was in the top and is in great demand among compact circular saws. This saw has an Excellent angle cut feature that allows me to do my job without unnecessary effort, very convenient. Sometimes I can even manage with one hand.

Last edited:

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I bought a Fein Slugger last year. Pretty amazing cutting chop saw. I had never used anything like it before. Cuts metal like its wood. Kinda pricey at $480. The thing is heavily built. I recommend it.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
I bought one of those big added Milwaukee steel cutting circular saws after watching that goofball Chucke2009 on YouTube demonstrating one. It was a bear to use, couldn't see your cut. Took time to set up needing a guide. I sold it and went right back to cuttt steel the way I always have with my Oxy Acetylene. Only metal I won't cut with my torch is anything less than 1/4, and for that I use a plain old skill saw with one of those red blades and it works dandy.

Chuck Woolery

Equipment
2021 Kubota B2601
Jun 4, 2021
Wisconsin
I use one of these. Got one at work a while back and we barely use the band saw now. I bought one for home too cause they're not too expensive. We have the Evolution circular saw too and it's nice that it has a full guard to keep down on the throwing the chips, but quite heavy.

Thing I like better about the Evolution saws is they soft start and spin slower than a regular saw, so you're not throwing chips as far. Still throws chips though, but way quicker and smaller to keep than a bandsaw.