B2620 issue

Mike55

Lifetime Member
Feb 5, 2016
North Hero, VT
Went out to do some clean up after our snow event here in Vermont and found that my tractor got started fine (plugged it in last night) but did not want to move forward without wanting to stall the engine and could not engage the PTO with out wanting to stall the engine. I checked the safety switch under the seat and after playing with that, the engine then would not even start. What did I do? If any one can offer anything, I can pick up a new switch tomorrow if I can feel assured that I am doing the right thing. I is there a way to bypass the switch to isolate it to that switch? Any help here is greatly appreciated and if one cares to call me my cell is 802-343-1835. Thanks much.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I don't have the manual for your tractor, but some Kubota's don't use the seat switch for starting. It comes into play when the tractor is moving or PTO engaged. You're no start might be coincidence after messing with seat switch.

Just mentioning so you don't put all of your effort focusing on this switch when it could be the other ones.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
You mentioned engaging PTO and stalling. Is the PTO gear shift lever in
NEUTRAL position now? Engaged will cause no start. If PTO lever is in neutral and if it is a HST trans, try rocking the HST pedal slowly to find neutral position will trying to start.
Your original symptoms sure sound like bad or mis-adjusted seat switch.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
You have an OPC system (Operator Presence Control) and many safety switches.

Pages from WSM are too large to attach to a post.

Send me a private Message with your email and I will send you some pages.

Dave