Tractor Supply 4' Tiller

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Speed (rotational) and feed (distance traveled) is the magic formula.

I have a Land Pride 5' tiller that will work circles around the old King I used to have.

The King would not spin fast enough for the movement of the tractor in first gear. The land Pride spins much faster and the same tractor goes along in first gear without issue. Same size tiller and both within 50lbs. On my old blue tractor, the Land Pride would out work the King 2 to 1 and do a much better job at the same time.

With hydro drive you can go as slow as you want so it shouldn't matter as much.

Another important point - you don't have to go to full depth in one pass. If it is hard material, or to sticky etc. 1, 2 even 3 passes whatever it takes. HP limited smaller machines sometimes just need to take small bites. Just lower the tiller a little bit more with each pass.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Weight and the number of cutting times matter when using a pro tiller! I looked at the Land Pride and another brand at my local Kubota dealer but they only had four tines per ring and on the 5 foot model. I ended up buying the 5’ County Line from Tractor Supply as it had six times per ring, weighed about 50 pounds more and was $700 less expensive. I put it on the tractor and was amazed on how well it works. This model can be converter from forward to reverse tilling. With a manual transmission a reverse time is desirable but mine is a hydro and I elected to stick with the standard forward rotation. This way it gently pushes the tractor along and you can simply ease into the forward to keep the speed just right for the condition of the dirt you are working with. If your tractor can handle the weight of the Land Pride I don’t think you will go wrong.