Let it snow!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Well winter has struck here:rolleyes:... nothing in the forecast for the white stuff, then bam it hits out of the blue! :eek:
Snow blowers and plows at the ready Boys and Girls it's a coming to a neighborhood near you soon! ;)
I'm starting to get ready. Got the FEL off and the snow blade installed. I didn't know the hydraulics would turn the blade right and left. I thought it was just a one way blade, like the old Caterpillar I learned to drive on. If I end up with a huge berm, Ill have to use the 30" walk behind blower. I do have chains if it starts to get icy, but so far there is still no snow on the ground......

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just like winnipeg. 3 snowflakes and everybody forgets how to drive. Supposed to get a couple inches, nothing yet. This time last year i was already sick of winter. So far not bad.
I think the three flake rule applys to any city or major town :rolleyes: couple weeks ago one of the interstates was shut down for four hours do to a nine car pile up over a dusting. Guy in the front of the pack slammed on his brakes at the end of an icy bridge and caused cars to stack up like an accordion.

Nice and balmy 70°f here today. Keeps this up, i'll be mowing till christmas.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I think the three flake rule applys to any city or major town
I think your right, except in Phoenix, it's three drops. Rain hits here & 90% of the population becomes lobotomized.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Well with the rain yesterday, and the warmer weather, all the white stuff is now gone..............

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It really is an odd winter, so far very little snow, and warm!:confused:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I'll second that. Was blowing the leaves off the walk ways, and the flower beds, and noticed that stuffs starting to sprout :confused:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Relaxing enjoying the fruits of our labor. ;)
10f out side and going below zero tonight. 72 inside and the stove is just puttering along heating the whole house.:cool:
Yeeeaaaaaa! Let it Snow.:D

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
And the forecasts said this could be colder than last winter.

Of course, some forecasts said the polar bears would all drown but that hasn't happened just like all the "killer hurricane" seasons that haven't happened.

I think its God's way of showing us who is in charge. ;)

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Picked up a 3/4" thick piece of 4' wide by 5' long conveyor belt and cut off a one foot wide strip to bolt to the bottom of the little back blade for the BX25D.
Should be good for a few snow storms. And the price was right.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think your right, except in Phoenix, it's three drops. Rain hits here & 90% of the population becomes lobotomized.
Dayum!

I like that ..............

LOBOTOMIZED.............

if I tell one of my kids that, they would like at me and think I was crazier than normal!:D

(I wish we would get those 3 dang-on flakes too)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Definitely a weird winter:rolleyes: just had to mow the yard!! while out there, I happened to notice that the fruit trees are budding. Gonna be a crappy year for fruit :mad:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Definitely a weird winter:rolleyes: just had to mow the yard!! . . . :mad:
Just came in from fixing some yard lights. My grass is 3+" tall.:eek: I figure that it can wait until spring though.;):D Besides, the mowing decks are put away for the winter.:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Been above freezing,snow melting and rained all day. Stuff getting slippery,and its cooling off. Maybe snow in a couple days.would prefer it to be colder. Highways salting the roads heavy. Hard on vehicles

Last edited:

hikerduane

Equipment
B6100, FEL
Nov 17, 2014
Meadow Valley, CA
Got home Friday after working out of town all week, 5" of wet, heavy snow still on the ground. It took down one small pine in my neighbors yard, I had to buck it up as most of it was on my property, then clean up the broken top off a cedar on my front deck. Hopefully I'll finish getting my tiny tractor serviced and see how it moves snow and gets around.
Duane

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
well it looks like we are NOT going to have a white Christmas. That's amazing for here in N Idaho.