12 Volt Charge Socket Mounting Location?

TractorDr

Equipment
mx5200
Jan 1, 2020
Quarryville, PA
I want to mount a 12 volt charge socket on my tractor and wondered if anyone has done this? Any tips or pics illustrating best location to mount? I saw one guy mounted to his fender but wanted to see other ideas. Thx, TractorDr

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I just put a pigtail with polarized connector on the lower steering column as shown in the 1st pic pic. (yel arrow)
But my golf cart truck (Lil Foot) and my Rhino both have 12v cigarette lighter sockets that I wired directly to the battery, allowing for really easy tender plug in.
I am going to put one one the tractor also, in the dash hole where the turn signal switch was. (2nd pic, grn arrow)
Easy to plug in & almost impossible to drive off with it still plugged in.

Attachments

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
If you only want to connect a trickle charger or battery maintainer, a better option might be to install a cigarette lighter type of outlet. You can use it to maintain the battery, or run accessories like heated vests of whatever.

TractorDr

Equipment
mx5200
Jan 1, 2020
Quarryville, PA
Thanks Lil Foot I definitely want a cigarette lighter style socket that is conveniently located without impeding the current wiring or other components on the underside. I find that my phone battery dies quick especially in cold weather so I need a way to charge it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Lil Foot I definitely want a cigarette lighter style socket that is conveniently located without impeding the current wiring or other components on the underside. I find that my phone battery dies quick especially in cold weather so I need a way to charge it.
You can skip the cigarette lighter socket and get a USB socket, works better for charging cell phones as you don't need an adapter. ;)