35 RTV 900's

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Was at the dealer yesterday visiting my M9 and found out they sold 35 Kubota 900 RTV diesels, fully loaded with enclosed cabs, air conditioning, heaters, hydraulic dump beds and am/fm stereo's to a national equipment rental company. They are coming in, in truckloads from all over the country. Load came in from California while I was there.

I guess (from talking to Dennis, the lead technician) who works on my tractors that they have a tentative order for an additional 30 units. No trade in, all outright sales.

Everyone in the shop is busy prepping them to go out.

That is a boatload of RTV's. I overheard each one was 18 grand there abouts. 18 x 35 is 630 grand. Not bad for a little country dealer. Have no clue what the profit margin is but I'm sure it will cover the light bill.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
We have 2 Federal DOE sites, that I have worked at on chillers. KAPL is a 1.2 Billion dollar operating cost facility. They have dozens of Kubota RTVs with full hard cabs, AC, custom wheels and tires, custom utility bodies on the back and some have integrated laptops. I was told they each cost 26k. Thats what Tax dollars get... top of the line gear....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This is a private entity, not gummit so no tax dollars involved. Place looks like a parking lot of UTV's right now.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm wondering WHO is going to be renting them ? and of course what CONDITION they'll be coming back !!
I believe they will be rented to construction outfits and it's up to the rental company as to the return condition. Remember, they are being sold, Kubota nor my dealer has any responsibility except warranty related. I believe the rental company will maintain them, know who they are but prefer not to say on here as it's none of my business. I inquired as to if they were trading any in (thought maybe I could score a used one cheap) but was told outright, no trade in's.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Large manufacturing companies also rent this kind of equipment too. They are then not responsible for the maintenance schedule for them, and they are also not taxable assets because the company renting them doesn't own them. Where I work almost all of the UTVs on site are rentals and are used to move around mechanics, millwright, and electrician equipment and personnel because the site is HUGE and they take up less space and capital than a bunch of trucks.

There still are trucks on site because sometimes the bed capacity is needed but the RTVs just make sense in a narrow area and if you can afford the rent and avoid a bunch of added asset tax why not really.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
Up here in Montreal, when they were building our new bridge the construction conglomerate "rented" a fleet of RTV X1100 with full cab and all the bells and whistles. It just goes into part of the planning and costs for the build. There was about 20-30 of them running around the site the whole time, now that they are wrapping up many of the trucks, and other equipment are all parked in area waiting to be "returned". A lot of equipment goes out to auction after a major infrastructure project like that, so I am hoping to score one cheap

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Up here in Montreal, when they were building our new bridge the construction conglomerate "rented" a fleet of RTV X1100 with full cab and all the bells and whistles. It just goes into part of the planning and costs for the build. There was about 20-30 of them running around the site the whole time, now that they are wrapping up many of the trucks, and other equipment are all parked in area waiting to be "returned". A lot of equipment goes out to auction after a major infrastructure project like that, so I am hoping to score one cheap
One thing you'll know for sure and that is they were run hard and put away wet many times over so if you get a running one it will have been well broken in.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
One thing you'll know for sure and that is they were run hard and put away wet many times over so if you get a running one it will have been well broken in.
True. There's a prevalent mentality that "company" vehicles don't need to be taken care of. Our company has 74 pickups and SUV's in addition to a handful of box trucks, stake bodies, bucket trucks and a Volvo tractor.

Vehicles that are assigned to individuals suffer the least, but even they wouldn't be good to buy when we sell them. A vehicle without multiple drivers tends to get taken care of a little better.

Vehicles that are assigned to projects or are in the pool for anyone to use really get abused. I am currently assigned an SUV and sometimes borrow a pickup from the pool to haul stuff if I'm too lazy to grab a trailer. Typically, the loaner truck has no fuel (all have gas cards in the glove box). The windshield is too dirty to see through when you head into the sun. The cab is dirty and littered with sunflower seed shells, etc. Dents, scratches and broken parts just "happen". The bed has remnants of whatever it hauled last, and so on.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:...Vehicles that are assigned to projects or are in the pool for anyone to use really get abused. I am currently assigned an SUV and sometimes borrow a pickup from the pool to haul stuff if I'm too lazy to grab a trailer. Typically, the loaner truck has no fuel (all have gas cards in the glove box). The windshield is too dirty to see through when you head into the sun. The cab is dirty and littered with sunflower seed shells, etc. Dents, scratches and broken parts just "happen". The bed has remnants of whatever it hauled last, and so on.

Do that to ANY of my friends trucks and you get ONE warning, 2nd time you're sent home no pay that day, 3rd time you're shown the door. He does NOT put up with any 'krap' from the drivers.