Auxiliary Hydraulics TLB M59

whizbang

Dec 23, 2019
Monroe, MI, USA
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase an M59 and need both front and rear auxiliary hydraulics, however there are not many units for sale with both that are a reasonable distance from me and at my target price. I have a few in my sights right now but they only have front or rear auxiliary, not both.

My question is, can you add auxiliary to the back if the tractor comes with front or vice versa? I spoke with a dealer who does Kubota service and they told me no, but I was hoping there was someone who has in fact done this. If not is there a particular reason it cannot be done?

Also, can someone tell me what the difference in is in the hydraulic system between an M59 that has no Aux, just 1 aux (front or back) and both (front AND back)? Is there a secondary pump? a difference in pump size etc?

Thanks,
Whizbang

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
My M59 has a 3rd function kit on it for front hydraulics but it doesn't have any rear remotes. I never removed the backhoe from it because we have other tractors here with rear remotes but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to add some rear remotes if you wanted to but I bet it won't be cheap. :(

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase an M59 and need both front and rear auxiliary hydraulics, however there are not many units for sale with both that are a reasonable distance from me and at my target price. I have a few in my sights right now but they only have front or rear auxiliary, not both.

My question is, can you add auxiliary to the back if the tractor comes with front or vice versa? I spoke with a dealer who does Kubota service and they told me no, but I was hoping there was someone who has in fact done this. If not is there a particular reason it cannot be done?

Also, can someone tell me what the difference in is in the hydraulic system between an M59 that has no Aux, just 1 aux (front or back) and both (front AND back)? Is there a secondary pump? a difference in pump size etc?

Thanks,
Whizbang
From what I see in the manual the front aux hydraulics are a little more involved in terms of additional hardware for plumbing, electrical and valves. Probably cheaper for you to add the rear remotes as there seems to be less to it. Manual just mentions 3rd functions as IF EQUIPPED, I don’t see anything different on the base machine.

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
You could put a mechanical/electric 3rd function on front & "borrow " the hydraulic pressure from the curl/dump on front loader simple plumbing, only down fall is you can use 3rd function or curl/dump not both @ the same time
How ever very convenient that with the flip of a switch you can go back & forth

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
This is a drawing of the valve & plumbing
Cost affective & works for my grapple & hydraulic salt spreeder
Made my own brackets
Valve,hoses & disconnects was just under $500 Canadian

iampbdb

Equipment
M59 TBL
Apr 21, 2017
Granger, IN, USA
TTP,
Can you send me detailed descriptions of what you did to accomplish the remote functions. The picture is great but when zooming it to enlarge it I loose valuable detail. I'd like to do exactly what you did. Hopefully where you got the parts and a description of the parts or part numbers. I've been trying to do this for a couple of years and so far have only been able to resort to Kubota's expensive options.
BTW I also need to add the thumb hydraulic control to my backhoe. I installed the thumb and cylinder but I need to add control.
Thanks,

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
As soon as I'm near my tractor I'll get som pictures & a more detailed how I got mine hooked
Paul

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
Ok
This is the most common set up
You take the 2 lines from your loader control off that valve bank & take them to new valve porrs P1 & P2
Next you take 2 lines from you new valve on ports C1 & C2 back to your loader bank
Next you run new hoses from your new valve to where ever you want new ports or item (thumb) that needs hydraulic power (I have 2 disconnects on mine so I can still remove my loader when needs to)
Now you need to run 12 volt to a single action switch @ a easy to get to spot but not so easy as to bump it(preferably a curcuit that goes dead when key is off so you don't kill battery from curcuit being "live" when tractor's not running)
There is a small connector on your new valve (its called a D.I.N. connector )
You need you run 2 wires 1 for power supply from you single action switch to D.I.N. connector & other to ground
Now while there is no voltage going to valve every thing EXCEPT your new hydraulic curcuit works the same but switch power on curcuit come live & now you can run that curcuit (in my case I run it with the loader controls because of where I got the hydraulic flow from)
So lets say you have grapple on front so you pick up a "mouth full" you need to turn on vavle that lets you close grapple then turn off valve loader works as it did grapple stays closed till you want to empty it then get it in possition power valve open grapple load falls out power off valve & back get what ever repeat
I all so have one on my thumb on my hoe & I got the hydraulic flow from my outrigger so when I want to close/open thumb I switch on curcuit use that outriggers control handle & open/close thumb
Clear as mud?
Paul

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
I made a bit of a ohmision
The 2 lines from C1 - C2 got to the original hoses you removed from original valve bank not back to valve (tried wrighting reply before my second cup of coffee)
Paul

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
A bit more info to add to this
I picked up all my piece's @ Princess Auto except for the hoses had them made @ a local small engine/hydraulic hose shop
Valve is a Bosch RexRoth with #6 ORF fittings