No more B2650 ?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I stopped in the orange place to drool over the new tractors. And was chatting to one of the sales men and I asked about the price increase on new tractors. Not much he said but that the ,B2650 was going to be discontinued. And re branded he thought as a MX 33 something or other.
Makes no sense to me, Im sure somebody knows,,, What say you ?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't actually know, but since the B2650 and the B3350 are sort of sibs, and the B3350 is being replaced, I suppose the 2650 would get a new number and maybe slight chassis changes so it is still very similar to the 3350 but a different engine?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That sounds a bit odd...Perhaps he meant something similar to the new B3350 that is being revamped?

Saw a video on the new MX series...now down to two models. The MX series falls between the Large L's and M series. Not exactly a replacement for the B2650.

Quite honestly, it seems like kubota sells quite a few units in the B series. I'd have a hard time believing that they would nix the 2650 since it came in a cab configuration and still no DPF. I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they got rid of it.

But, I don't know anything about marketing.

Here's the video on the new MX lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVfDNBqNPrY

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yup I found same video, sounds like they are going to be nice. Still curious about what they will do to 2650 engine. The 3350 replacement sounds like it will be similar to the L3560 common rail but smaller footprint and mid pto.

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
From what he states in the video, the are only changing up the larger B series to the L series. The compact B series remains unchanged. The reason for this change is just that, to much confusion with two B series.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have my own opinions about Kubota and their product lineup and their marketing strategy.

I think Kubota is reaching for an unobtainable market segment with the big tractors they are coming out with and should concentrate on the markets they excel in which is the sub 100 pto horsepower market.

I don't see KUbota making much in the way of inroads into a market segment dominated by JD and CNH. Least not around here and I've heard that Kubota is having issues with Buhler building large tractors with the Kubota name on them but in reality aren't Kubota built. Same way with their hay tools. All built by other companies and badged Kubota. Myself, I'd never buy any when I can buy the genuine article.

They need (I think) to concentrate on the market segment they know best and quit trying to reach for the sky. Bad business model. Especially in the current depressed ag market.

Just my opinion. I'm sure Kubota would pay no attention.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I cant believe I am saying this,,, But I have agree with you flip !

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have my own opinions about Kubota and their product lineup and their marketing strategy.

I think Kubota is reaching for an unobtainable market segment with the big tractors they are coming out with and should concentrate on the markets they excel in which is the sub 100 pto horsepower market.

I don't see KUbota making much in the way of inroads into a market segment dominated by JD and CNH. Least not around here and I've heard that Kubota is having issues with Buhler building large tractors with the Kubota name on them but in reality aren't Kubota built. Same way with their hay tools. All built by other companies and badged Kubota. Myself, I'd never buy any when I can buy the genuine article.

They need (I think) to concentrate on the market segment they know best and quit trying to reach for the sky. Bad business model. Especially in the current depressed ag market.

The "kubota" M7 and M8 are ZF drivetrain with Dana front axles. M7 has Kubota V6108 engine, not much more kubota about it except the paint. M8 have cummins engines so even less Kubota. I wouldn't buy either model.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I was just about to 'pull the trigger' on a new Kubota twin rotor rotary hay rake which is a rebranded (Kneverland) think that is correct, but I haven't yet. Much as I prefer staying with Kubota because I'm brand loyal, I'll most likely buy a new Kuhn Swadro or a JD twin rotor, both have local dealer presence for me. My preference would be New Holland (which is in reality Fiat owned) but NH has been in the hay tool market since Christ was born....lol Problem is, NH don't make a rotary and I prefer a rotary over a side delivery machine (personal prefernce there).

I have a New Holland 450 Roll Belt net-twine round baler that is 5 years old and my dealer has been wooing me to buy a Kubota round baler (again, a rebranded something else) but I know my New Holland hay tools and again have a local dealer presence so I cannot see any point in trading in a baler that still has 3/4's of it's useful life left just to have an orange painted machine and a payment book and really no track record when it comes to down the road issues.

Not sure about the rest of the country but around here, farmers in general are tapped out. Last year was a bad year for everyone around here (not me, I did well on forage but then I don't row crop). The row crop farmers and the produce farmers around here are hurting and most upgraded to new equipment the year before last and are sitting tight on what they own (and owe on), so I don't see that large ag market going anywhere equipment wise for at least a couple years, maybe longer). Then you have the big established players, John Deere and Case New Holland and they are totally geared for the big row crop and produce farmers, from built in GPS guidance to self steering tractors. I just don''t see Kubota making inroads into that market and that is the market they are taking a shot (financially at).

Guess we will see how it plays out but in my view, Kubota needs to rethink it's strategy and it's real customer base which is the smaller compact tractors and the medium power utility market. The big boy market is pretty well saturated now with well established players. Hard egg to crack and I'm not at all sure Kubota has what it takes to crack it.

Time will tell.

I surely don't want to buy and own any tractor made up of a mish mash of parts. I want everything coming from one parent builder.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN

I didn’t realize the much larger Kubotas werent even made by Kubota.