Home made front weight. B1400

Carl in France

Equipment
B1400, a box and a single blade plough!
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Hello all,

Using my B1400 around the place made me realise i need some front weight. Not so easy to get round here so it means buying new at a helluva cost so i decided to make one of my own as i was putting in a concrete pad and would be mixing concrete up any ways.
A 12l paint tin looked the right size so i made a form of the front of the tractor and cut it into the tin. I reinforced the mix with wire and added an old chain and cast iron clock weight to up the weight a little.
In case i need a bit more weight i upended a dumbell bar into the centre so can add plates if need be.
Paint will be next when i get round to it.

image.jpg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Do I see wood being used for the mounting bracket?

Even if it were metal, I think I would have extended the bracket material to the front of the bucket for better support.

Other than that, I like it!

If it does break apart at some point, you will know what to do to make an ever better one!

Thanks for sharing...

Carl in France

Equipment
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Hello Henro, no, no wood used. The wood was for a form that is removed after pouring the concrete. I can then slot the weight over the front of the frame.
It is held in place with gravity and to prevent it shifting about two bolts attach to the bottom of the frame. These bolts run through the mold nearly to the top and the whole is strengthened insde with wire.

Carl in France

Equipment
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Been using it a couple of months now and part of my land is on a slope so coming round the front was prone to lift. With my concrete tub weight it stays down now and is easier to manage so more relaxing doing those jobs about the place.
image.jpg