All B3350 Owners

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
I would like to start a post for all the B 3350 owners. It would be nice to hear from all the owners GOOD and BAD. Also would make for good documentation of all the owners that read this. I know there is issues with this model but I find it hard to believe KUBOTA would still put out this model if everyone is affected like some are saying on the forum. I would like to see one post per owner to get a more realistic input on this model. Just a thought.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A search on this forum for "B3359 tractor problems" and you will find many threads of this topic. One of them has 144 post. Not much sense in starting over.

I guess you could start a thread and put all those links in your thread!

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
It was one of my considerations while I was tractor shopping before I understood tier 4 emissions. My dealer wouldn’t sell me one. One guy here has one and it seems to be in the dealers shop more than on his property.

I believe this engine with the ECM and emissions equipment is also used in a zero turn. Since they’re normally used during warmer months, they don’t have near the issues. That said, if you plan on running yours in the winter with many cold starts and warmups, you could very well have issues.

Yes, apparently Kubota is still selling them. Not sure if they halted manufacturing, but dealers still have them on the market.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It was one of my considerations while I was tractor shopping before I understood tier 4 emissions. My dealer wouldn’t sell me one. One guy here has one and it seems to be in the dealers shop more than on his property.

I believe this engine with the ECM and emissions equipment is also used in a zero turn. Since they’re normally used during warmer months, they don’t have near the issues. That said, if you plan on running yours in the winter with many cold starts and warmups, you could very well have issues.

Yes, apparently Kubota is still selling them. Not sure if they halted manufacturing, but dealers still have them on the market.
The engine used in the B3350 is also used in FWD F Series Kubota mowers, not ZTRs. Regen issues occur with the F series engines about as often as with the 3350s.

SDT

Fox400

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534, BH77, RCR1260, RB1660
Jul 25, 2019
"The Thumb", MI
I just purchased a B2650 and I knew of the problems with the B3350. When I was at the dealership, I inquired about the 3350 and the dealer told me Kubota is not letting him sell them in Michigan because of all the problems and the cold weather. He also advised me to stay away from them, which I was planning on doing anyway.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I would like to start a post for all the B 3350 owners. It would be nice to hear from all the owners GOOD and BAD. Also would make for good documentation of all the owners that read this. I know there is issues with this model but I find it hard to believe KUBOTA would still put out this model if everyone is affected like some are saying on the forum. I would like to see one post per owner to get a more realistic input on this model. Just a thought.
I've posted here frequently about my 2018, late serial number, fully up to date B3350 and there is much to learn from my information, which is more recent than others.

I'll not reproduce everything here but will say that I have had it back for about two weeks after 12 weeks in the shop this summer. Have only used it once for about 30 minutes, so the jury is still out.

If yours is an earlier model, you should have Kubota update it to current conditions. The earlier models were more problematic than the latest models but not all issues have been resolved.

It is my understanding that Kubota is no longer working to resolve the remaining B3350 issues because a replacement model with common rail engine is in the works.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I just purchased a B2650 and I knew of the problems with the B3350. When I was at the dealership, I inquired about the 3350 and the dealer told me Kubota is not letting him sell them in Michigan because of all the problems and the cold weather. He also advised me to stay away from them, which I was planning on doing anyway.
FWIW: All of the issues that I have had with my 3350 occurred in the heat of the summer and were caused by over temperature indications during regen.

I did use the 3350 to plow snow last winter without issues but it did not regen during the winter.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
vanquisher,
Did you buy the 2015 model that you said you were going to last year?

And if you did, how is it been?

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
A search on this forum for "B3359 tractor problems" and you will find many threads of this topic. One of them has 144 post. Not much sense in starting over.

I guess you could start a thread and put all those links in your thread!
I have searched here often and have seen 3350 posts mixed in with 2650 posts and mostly negative from people who don’t even own one. I’m looking to get all OWNERS of this model on one page. GOOD and Bad. I have talked to some large dealers and they have all told me they have sold the 3350 to a lot of happy customers. They did say that they have had some issues and KUBOTA will continue to do whatever it takes to update this or any model they sell. I have asked the question does anyone know how many 3350 units they have sold and if they sold a lot ...I only see a small number actual owners posting. Common sense tells me that if this problem was as big as the negative post this model would have or should have been discontinued. Im not looking to re hash just bring all owners on one page

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
FWIW: All of the issues that I have had with my 3350 occurred in the heat of the summer and were caused by over temperature indications during regen.

I did use the 3350 to plow snow last winter without issues but it did not regen during the winter.

SDT
Thank you for your reply

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have searched here often and have seen 3350 posts mixed in with 2650 posts and mostly negative from people who don’t even own one. I’m looking to get all OWNERS of this model on one page. GOOD and Bad. I have talked to some large dealers and they have all told me they have sold the 3350 to a lot of happy customers. They did say that they have had some issues and KUBOTA will continue to do whatever it takes to update this or any model they sell. I have asked the question does anyone know how many 3350 units they have sold and if they sold a lot ...I only see a small number actual owners posting. Common sense tells me that if this problem was as big as the negative post this model would have or should have been discontinued. Im not looking to re hash just bring all owners on one page
The B3350 is still available for sale. One of the dealers that I deal with has one on the lot. I bought mine from the other dealer.

The B3350 is being discontinued but the replacement is not yet ready.

SDT

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
SDT - -

Not that I have either, but didn't realize they had similar frequency of issues with the F-series mowers.

As you said, certainly negates a cold operating environment as a root cause.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
SDT - -

Not that I have either, but didn't realize they had similar frequency of issues with the F-series mowers.

As you said, certainly negates a cold operating environment as a root cause.
There is more than one problem with the regen system used on the B3350.

It appears that some of the weather related issues have been reduced (probably not eliminated) by various updates, modifications, and changes to recommended operating procedures. Updates will likely help address these issues.

I am convinced that some of the issues with the current, mechanically injected engine will never be eliminated and will likely worsen with time and hours.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One of the reasons the F units are not making the noise that the B3350's are, is the difference in the operational aspect of them.

On a dedicated mower you turn up the RPM's and keep them up while using the mower, where with a tractor the RPM's vary depending on it's task and use. ;)

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The B3350 is still available for sale. One of the dealers that I deal with has one on the lot. I bought mine from the other dealer.

The B3350 is being discontinued but the replacement is not yet ready.

SDT
Today I learned from my dealer who learned it from their Kubota representative that Kubota is no longer accepting orders for the B3350 (at least in my Midwest region) and that the common rail replacement will be announced at the dealer's meeting in September.

SDT

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
I own both a 3350 and a 2650, took delivery on them beginning of june this year. They replaced our bx23s and 2680, both of which were little problem childs, but thats a different topic - long story short - kubota corporate stepped up and made it right. Anyways, I am an electrical contractor and have the BH77 on the 2650 and our 3 point bradco trencher on the 3350. They both have about 60 hours on them and here is my experience so far:

No problems with either but they are still "young"

The 2650 is the smoother runner, starts quicker, is matched nicely with the backhoe, easier on fuel and seems slightly quieter.

The 3350 is definitely the stronger tractor, having that turbo and all emissions garbage when we use it she gets run full throttle and it trenchers the stinger with ease, even in clay. Very happy with the power and 3 point performance. I guess I will talk to my dealer in light of this info.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Fuse, looking at your address, if you are going run your 3350 in the winter, that might be the time to baby it. They both will likely start in the cold, but the emissions particles accumulate fastest from cold starts, and it can be hard for regeneration to occur if the engine and reformer are too cold or too hot. And worse yet if snow and ice accumulate in the air filter and clog it. That also can happen with the b2650. Kubota makes a front cover for the B3350, to keep snow out of the air filter and keep engine compartment warmer. Some of us just made our own. If you store it in a heated garage it will helpto speed warmup, or any of the block heater solutions, but not sure what would work if you have to haul it to a job site.

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
sheepfarmer -

Thanks for the info, I will be getting one of those screens you are talking about as I intend to use the 3350 for blowing snow due to the extra power over the 2650, (66" blower I think is the one I got - bigger of the 2) I was aware of the issues with the 3350 before I purchased but the big wigs we met with from Kubota backed the machine up didn't try to sway me away from it so we will see. If I didn't need the extra power in a compact footprint I would have just got another 2650.

All equipment will stay in our heated shop during the winter, and come initial freeze up I retire the equipment from trenching until spring thaw. The 2650 will get the snow pusher mounted on it for the lighter snowfall.

We also have an X1100c with a blower and tracks mounted on it, that thing will probably do most of the blowing as its a beast and I can take my 4 year old son with me. He really got a kick out of blowing snow with dad last year!

Last edited: