BX2380 fuel filter relocation

BillSz

Jan 2, 2019
Northfield, Mn
After experiencing the "joy" of replacing the rear fuel filter on my 2380 I am considering the kit produced by Botaproducts to relocate it. https://bxtractorparts.com/shop?olsPage=products/bx-fuel-filter-relocation

I'm curious if anyone has installed a kit like this and your opinions.

My concerns are:
(1) would relocating the fuel filter affect the Kubota warranty or adversely affect the KTAC insurance?
(2) Since the filter would be located on the outside of the frame I am concerned with damage from brush or other debris.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
I've had one of these on my BX2370 for a couple of years now. Installation was a bit more of a challenge than changing the original filter, but it was well worth it. The kit includes everything you need, and once it's installed changing the new filter is a breeze--plus you can visually inspect it daily for water. I've had no problems with it being hit by anything. One of the best mods I've made to my tractor and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hmm... honestly didn't realize there was a kit like this. That back one is a bear.

I do some woods work - the location would concern me a little. Kubota BX 1860 - - can you see the filter well enough to tell if something is about to tear it off?:eek:

I can't envision warranty or KTAC problems, but guessing the warranty part.

Several BX guys have built their own with good success.

They're pretty proud of it at $200, but you'd probably be surprised what the time and expense would be to source it all yourself.

Looks like a nice outfit. I might consider one myself...

Last edited:

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
I also have this kit installed on my BX1860; well worth the money and time. I too was concerned about possible damage but so far it hasn’t been an issue. I suppose if one were really concerned, a guard could be fabricated.

The install itself took a bit of time, but wasn’t hard at all.

Hope that helps!

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
I'm curious to the thoughts on that rear filter and its effectiveness? For example, if the machine requires 2 filters can we simply remove that one and put another further up the line, maybe even right before the one under the hood? Both filters are the same, does it matter where they are in line?

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Just keep in mind that rear fuel filter is before the fuel pump. It was obviously placed there for a reason. Just my 2 cents.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
This is what I did with my B2410... It is a great filter, easy to get to, out of the way and solves the condensation problem. Got it at West Marine for $100 specifically for diesel. Seeing as it is not a Kubota product it is specifically excluded from Kubota Insurance coverage. It is a high end Racor marine unit.

Attachments

Last edited:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I'm curious to the thoughts on that rear filter and its effectiveness? For example, if the machine requires 2 filters can we simply remove that one and put another further up the line, maybe even right before the one under the hood? Both filters are the same, does it matter where they are in line?

Not certain about the BX, but on my ZD mowers one filter is before the electric lift pump, and the other is after. When I replaced the first filter with a large Cat 2 micron spin on, I read that one filter protects the electric lift pump, and the second protects the injection pump in the event of an internal failure of the electric lift pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
Thanks for the replies on the filter location, it makes perfect sense now.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Geeze! I forgot to mention the most important thing about the Racor filter.... It more than meets the Fuel Filter specification found in my WSM. I kind of was not surprised after seeing the Mil Specs and the diesel industry standard for major Mfg's. I just switched mine over last year.... should have done it sooner. One more thing... My original fuel filter was a cartridge and bowl type system. It worked great until I had to drain the condensation... had to remove the bowl and pour the water out past the filter element. That was my only rub with the original filter. The only other option was to replace the Kubota fuel cartridge every time I emptied water.... at $16.00 a pop... not really cost effective.

Paul and Cathy Short (Kubota Mod channel on you tube) replaced their BX fuel filters with one Racor like mine. He has a bracket that makes your BX retrofit a bolt on job... no drilling. Might want to check that out...