Factory website pricing Vs. dealer pricing

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Since nobody has any idea what you're building you are unlikely to get any ideas or opinions. I can tell you last July I purchased a new L2501 from the local dealer with LA525 loader for about $20,000 delivered to my place. Of course incentives and financing can affect the final price as well as any discounts the dealer chooses to give.

Pondmeadows984

Equipment
B2601
Dec 15, 2019
Mckinney, Texas
I just bought a B2601 with loader a few weeks ago. It's just like buying a car. Shop around, get the best price over the phone from 4-5 dealers, work the price against each other and you will probably save at least a grand or more. I bought mine across the state line only an hour from my house and also saved the taxes which were another $1456 bucks. Be patient but don't cave in. You can even ask for discounts on impliments or accessories. Good luck.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Sorry about that. I'm looking at a BX23s with a front loader and a backhoe.
I bought a new BX2380+60"MMM+55" Commercial snowblower about 4 months ago. I was not super aggressive about clawing discounts, but the best offer I had from a large dealer who moves a lot of BX machines was about 7% off MSRP, not including tax or rebates.

That's MSRP - ~7%, then subtract for rebates and add for tax.

So far I love the machine. Yes, it's even been waxed.

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Sorry about that. I'm looking at a BX23s with a front loader and a backhoe.
Depends on the dealer and the location. Some area's they cannot keep them in stock. Incentives also figure in to the price. Last September I paid 21.5k delivered with 0% 7 year financing for my 23S.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
But ya gota have hay burners to get it
but some clubs cost as little as $20 to join, no horse required and membership and sign-up on line and membership card printed immediately off the internet.
Also many different types of community clubs one can join. :)
Kubota sure makes it easy for owners... one great brand IMHO
your local dealer though??? that might be another story.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Never knew that/ Wonder if we could get an Equine Rebate on the Sidekick we just bought? Raising Percheron draft horses should qualify
Of course I'm sure that is 18% off MSRP. MSRP don't count anyway.

Only time MSRP comes into play is on the 'Kubota build it' website. Other than that, it's a fictional number that has no bearing on reality.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
MSRP isn’t really a fictional number in other industries, but I’m sure it could roll into the tractor world in a similar fashion.

Take boats or cars, for instance.

Let’s use dumb, round numbers.

MSRP is $50K
Dealer cost is 20% less, meaning dealer paid $40K.
Let’s say dealer needs 10% margin on MSRP to make it viable.

That means dealer can sell for $45K and still be happy.

While the consumer may say he got a smoking deal because he got $5K off, the dealer was ready to let you add $5K in accessories to the loan without any lender challenge.

A good friend is in the boat manufacturing business, and they have increased MSRP on all their regular models due to dealer pressure. Just so the dealer can add more extras to the loan, and still make their necessary margin (which is technically less than the previous due to inflated MSRP).

To keep the numbers simple, last year’s boat was $70K. We’re not even going to mess with the typical 2-2.5% annual cost increases that that industry sees.

This year, the same boat is $80K. Inflated MSRP, only to allow more add-ons to the boat under same loan. If a guy doesn’t want any add-ons, he may be able to get the boat for well under MSRP, and think he got a smoking deal!

Dealer is still paying the same for the boat (typical 2-2.5% escalation excluded). Manufacturer is still seeing the exact same margin on sale to dealer. Dealer only has more room to negotiate with retail consumer between asking price and what they can really do.

Shoot. A fella I work with bought a new Ram Mega-Cab diesel a few months ago. Got such a great deal that he was able to wrap a 6” lift, power steps, wheels, and 37” tires into the loan! He’s happy as all get out! I just laugh inside, because he will buy three more sets of tires before the first set is paid for...

It is simply the economic world we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WIpatriot

Equipment
BX2380 with loader, snowblower and 60" mower
Dec 13, 2019
Sun Prairie, WI
I just bought a BX2380, which had a MSRP of $21,627, for $16,450 plus tax.

About 24% off msrp. I worked several dealers against each other.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
I do not even know what MSRP was on our BX2380. Shopped multiple dealers and went with the one that was a small country old school dealer.
Got the tractor, loader, rotary mower, box blade and quick hitch, tires filled and hooks welded on the bucket for $15,450 plus tax. (purchased Aug 2018),

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
My dealer about 7 miles away was well under MSRP delivered I didn't shop around other Kubota dealers or other colors.

I did spend almost a year started out looking at BX1880 ended up with B2601.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
I just bought a BX2380, which had a MSRP of $21,627, for $16,450 plus tax.

About 24% off msrp. I worked several dealers against each other.
How much of that discount was factory rebates?

You definitely did not get 24% off MSRP from the dealership. That includes some factory rebates.

goin camping

Feb 11, 2019
The Great Mojave Desert
So i went to the dealer in Bakersfield, Ca. Could not get him lower than $20,400 for a BX29S. Factory website MSRP is $21K and change.

Only options on the tractor were the AG/Industrial tires and a bucket level gauge.

Next week I'll head over to another place to the east and see if I can do better.