Kubota B3350 Front Bonnet mask

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
Even after reading all the reviews on this model I decided to buy a 2014 model last Nov that was supposedly a dealer demo and had close to a hundred hours.. I was told I would get a full as NEW warranty from kubota if I purchased it. When I started looking for a dealer closer to me i received some resistance when asked can you tell me if the tractor needs any updates and what was done to it before I purchased it. I called two dealers and neither of them could tell me what was done to it and that didn't make me happy. I called the dealer I purchased it from and wanted a detail information on all the work and parts that have been installed. I suggest everyone do the same. After two months I finally got it and I was surprised to see Kubota actually felt that the 3350 would benefit from the Bonnet Mask in cold climates they included it with the tractor. This item is not cheap and it's pretty much identical to "bird dogger" Daves front cover except its just the front not both sides. Dave's a much better deal because you have options of covering both sides too and its less then half the price. I feel that anyone with the 3350 operating in a cold climate would benefit from the covers he sells especially if Kubota recommends it. I then checked my warranty and the dealer was honest with me. I have full Kubota warranty started the day I purchased it. Just thought I would pass this along

Attachments

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Even after reading all the reviews on this model I decided to buy a 2014 model last Nov that was supposedly a dealer demo and had close to a hundred hours.. I was told I would get a full as NEW warranty from kubota if I purchased it. When I started looking for a dealer closer to me i received some resistance when asked can you tell me if the tractor needs any updates and what was done to it before I purchased it. I called two dealers and neither of them could tell me what was done to it and that didn't make me happy. I called the dealer I purchased it from and wanted a detail information on all the work and parts that have been installed. I suggest everyone do the same. After two months I finally got it and I was surprised to see Kubota actually felt that the 3350 would benefit from the Bonnet Mask in cold climates they included it with the tractor. This item is not cheap and it's pretty much identical to "bird dogger" Daves front cover except its just the front not both sides. Dave's a much better deal because you have options of covering both sides too and its less then half the price. I feel that anyone with the 3350 operating in a cold climate would benefit from the covers he sells especially if Kubota recommends it. I then checked my warranty and the dealer was honest with me. I have full Kubota warranty started the day I purchased it. Just thought I would pass this along
Generally, Kubota does not provide the cold weather kit to owners who do not ask for it, and then only in northern climates. Though I have asked for one, I still have not gotten it.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll put this back on my list.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Vanquisher, I know you purchased a set of winter front covers from me before you found out you were supposed to have been furnished with Kubota’s front cover. It’s doubtful you need two sets of covers. I’d be more than willing to have you return my set if you choose to keep the Kubota front cover. If you’d like to keep my set and I hear from someone who just wants a front cover, I’ll mention your Kubota cover to them and help you find another home for it! Just the front cover in use works well in more moderate temperatures. And, of course, they were also meant to keep the swirling snow out of the air intake snorkel just under the hood for those with a front mount snow blower.

I didn’t know Kubota had a front grill cover for the B3350 when I made covers to fit my B2650. Since the hoods are identical these covers fit either model. Winter temps here in North Dakota often fall between -20°F to -30°F. Not having a front mounted snow blower, the goals for my covers were to help the engine reach the normal operating range in these cold temps. They also kept the hydraulic oil warm since its cooler sits out in front of the radiator. Quicker warm ups in these cold temps and keeping the diesel fuel warm under the hood without the worries of it gelling while you’re out blowing snow helps too. If your tractor normally sits outside, you’d still need to treat your fuel, of course. I agree with you, Vanquisher, that there’s many benefits to these covers. Kubota sure doesn’t make them known.

Glad to hear your warranty is as you were led to believe! And let me know what you’d like to do with your covers. Either way I’d be happy to help you out.

Regards,
David

Edit: And thanks for the nice compliments!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
Vanquisher, I know you purchased a set of winter front covers from me before you found out you were supposed to have been furnished with Kubota’s front cover. It’s doubtful you need two sets of covers. I’d be more than willing to have you return my set if you choose to keep the Kubota front cover. If you’d like to keep my set and I hear from someone who just wants a front cover, I’ll mention your Kubota cover to them and help you find another home for it! Just the front cover in use works well in more moderate temperatures. And, of course, they were also meant to keep the swirling snow out of the air intake snorkel just under the hood for those with a front mount snow blower.

I didn’t know Kubota had a front grill cover for the B3350 when I made covers to fit my B2650. Since the hoods are identical these covers fit either model. Winter temps here in North Dakota often fall between -20°F to -30°F. Not having a front mounted snow blower, the goals for my covers were to help the engine reach the normal operating range in these cold temps. They also kept the hydraulic oil warm since its cooler sits out in front of the radiator. Quicker warm ups in these cold temps and keeping the diesel fuel warm under the hood without the worries of it gelling while you’re out blowing snow helps too. If your tractor normally sits outside, you’d still need to treat your fuel, of course. I agree with you, Vanquisher, that there’s many benefits to these covers. Kubota sure doesn’t make them known.

Glad to hear your warranty is as you were led to believe! And let me know what you’d like to do with your covers. Either way I’d be happy to help you out.

Regards,
David

Yes Dave I would be willing to sell one of them I definitely don’t need both if someone wants to buy just a front grill without the sides I would sell the Kubota one.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Bird dogger..!!.. YOU are CLEARLY an “Ace-Kum-Boom” stand-up guy!

Kudos!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Generally, Kubota does not provide the cold weather kit to owners who do not ask for it, and then only in northern climates. Though I have asked for one, I still have not gotten it.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll put this back on my list.

SDT
Followed up with Kubota.

Cold weather bonnet is to be provided under basic (2 year) warranty.

Expecting it within days.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
bird dogger; David,

You win my award for Excellent OTT person of the month... possibly year... it's still early! :D

Excellent work sir! ;)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Yes Dave I would be willing to sell one of them I definitely don’t need both if someone wants to buy just a front grill without the sides I would sell the Kubota one.
Vanquisher, I’ll add an update to my “For Sale” post regarding your extra cover/covers. Once I do that, feel free to add/update that post with your thoughts or info too, if you’d like. Either of your two versions needs to find a good home and be put to good use. We’ll make it happen.

Here’s another idea: How do my side covers match up to the official Kubota front cover? If they’d mate up we could add a set of side covers to make it a full weather front system. Maybe some of the owners that have the Kubota bra would be interested in adding the side covers too, especially if their tractors have to sit outside in the elements. It wouldn’t take much to alter the front edge of my side covers to match up to Kubota’s front piece. Let me know what you think and/or find out regarding this idea. It would be nice if I could find a Kubota cover near me that I could borrow for a day to make a new template just for that application. Maybe my dealer could help me out with that. Whether you want to call them a weather front, winter front, grille cover, snow bonnet, or Kubota bra, etc., they’re all the same and have a bunch of benefits for these tractors.

Regards,
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Curious. Is this bonnet to be provided for cold weather on just the 3350 or also the 2650 ?
To my knowledge....only the B3350. It was never mentioned when I purchased my B2650. In fact, only after I had shown my salesman the weather front set I had made did I find out about it. Someone at the dealership had a vague memory of its existence and it took a bit of sleuthing by the parts department to find a listing of it......as an accessory for the B3350. No mention of it whatsoever in my B2650 manuals.

Regards,
David

Edit: tjstractor, you don't list which model tractor you own but if you're interested....here's a link to my original post/build thread when I made the covers for my B2650 a year or more ago:
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...hlight=kubota+b2650+winter+front+grille+cover

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Bird dogger..!!.. YOU are CLEARLY an “Ace-Kum-Boom” stand-up guy!

Kudos!
bird dogger; David,

You win my award for Excellent OTT person of the month... possibly year... it's still early! :D

Excellent work sir! ;)
Jeepers! How does one respond to your comments? I don’t see my offer being anything out of the ordinary, but maybe these days it’s becoming so. Aren’t we all here to learn/help out? I can’t hold a candle to the knowledge and expertise that’s abundant on this site and to those that are willing to share it. But we can all contribute and try to help with what we are able to. These covers are just my small way to help others that have the same cold temperature/snowy problems that I have run into with my B2650. And I think my offer to Vanquisher is nothing more than trying to abide by the “Kubota Orange Rule”: Do unto others, ………….

And NIW, …….that would be quite an honor. But as you say, it’s still early in the year and without really trying I’m quite sure I’ll be able to find a way to screw up the nomination before years end! :D

Regards,
David

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Curious. Is this bonnet to be provided for cold weather on just the 3350 or also the 2650 ?
Just the 3350.

Mine has been ordered under warranty. Expecting it early next week.

FWIW: I was told that retail price is over $300.

SDT

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Last edited:

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
Jeepers! How does one respond to your comments? I don***8217;t see my offer being anything out of the ordinary, but maybe these days it***8217;s becoming so. Aren***8217;t we all here to learn/help out? I can***8217;t hold a candle to the knowledge and expertise that***8217;s abundant on this site and to those that are willing to share it. But we can all contribute and try to help with what we are able to. These covers are just my small way to help others that have the same cold temperature/snowy problems that I have run into with my B2650. And I think my offer to Vanquisher is nothing more than trying to abide by the ***8220;Kubota Orange Rule***8221;: Do unto others, ***8230;***8230;***8230;***8230;.

And NIW, ***8230;***8230;.that would be quite an honor. But as you say, it***8217;s still early in the year and without really trying I***8217;m quite sure I***8217;ll be able to find a way to screw up the nomination before years end! :D

Regards,
David
David you have a nice product you back it with a great return policy and your a good person thats hard to find these days!

Last edited:

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
Just the 3350.

Mine has been ordered under warranty. Expecting it early next week.

FWIW: I was told that retail price is over $300.

SDT
it makes sense as a warranty issue for the 3350. With the regen system it has it can only benefit from a warmer no snow ingested environment. I would think any machine in cold weather would benefit from one of Birddogger grill cover sets..

Nateswenson

Equipment
B2650
Dec 28, 2021
Visa1977!
Bird Dogger:

looks like you are the guy to go to.
I came across your post when I was trying to solve my problem of an air filter plugged with snow on my B2650. I’d like to purchase your snow shield if you have one available. Can you text my cell phone with price? I’m located near Detroit Lakes, MN

Nick
218-850-2030

Regards,
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Bird Dogger:

looks like you are the guy to go to.
I came across your post when I was trying to solve my problem of an air filter plugged with snow on my B2650. I’d like to purchase your snow shield if you have one available. Can you text my cell phone with price? I’m located near Detroit Lakes, MN

Nick
218-850-2030
hi neighbor, conversation started and text sent.

Mikeyctr6

Equipment
B3350
Aug 27, 2022
Central Maine

Regards,

David

I am new to this, so please forgive my inabilities. Bird dogger i am in need of a front cover for b3350, please

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am new to this, so please forgive my inabilities. Bird dogger i am in need of a front cover for b3350, please
Mine was supplied without charge but my tractor was still within the 2 year warranty.

Not sure how the so-called "lifetime" emissions (reformer) warranty may affect this.

I would not expect much help from most dealers.