Injection pump shut of cable

Gutts

Equipment
B7200
Jan 2, 2020
Higganum, Ct United States
Hello
Thanks in advance for any info !
I just recently acquired a b7200 hst. It has lived a hard life . The cable that actuates the fuel shut off lever on the injection pup was frozen . I have only started the tractor a few times but to shut if off I have to lift the hood and reach in and move the lever by hand .
I removed the cable today . I freed it up . I see there is no return spring on the lever . The lever seems to move Offaly hard.
Should that lever be easy to move ? It is frozen ? Has anyone else had this issue ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello
Thanks in advance for any info !
I just recently acquired a b7200 hst. It has lived a hard life . The cable that actuates the fuel shut off lever on the injection pup was frozen . I have only started the tractor a few times but to shut if off I have to lift the hood and reach in and move the lever by hand .
I removed the cable today . I freed it up . I see there is no return spring on the lever . The lever seems to move Offaly hard.
Should that lever be easy to move ? It is frozen ? Has anyone else had this issue ?
Yes it should move very easy, and the return spring is inside the cover.

Gutts

Equipment
B7200
Jan 2, 2020
Hello
Thanks for the response . Do you mean there is a spring inside the cover where the lever is ? The lever moves (by hand) quite hard . The only thing I know about injection pumps are that you don’t mess with them ! Lol.
Does the spring hold the lever to the run position or the stop position ? Maybe it needs a bit of lube and it will loosen up ? The tractor has been outside all its life , at least that’s the way it looks .
Thanks guys

Gutts

Equipment
B7200
Jan 2, 2020
Well I went out Today look again at that lever . I put just a bit of marvel oil on it.i worked it back and forth for a bit . Applied more oil , worked it back and forth some more . It is still a bit hard to move to the off position. It is a bit easier to push the on position. I added a bit more oil . Tomorrow it will be better I hope !

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If not drive the roll pin out replace the O-rings and clean the bore and shaft and it should be as good as new. ;)