Kubota X Tractor Unveiled

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
No more seat time? No loader? No front implements?

Just tell it to go clean up that tree that fell over in the storm?

:(

Bruce

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Electric vehicles are so misrepresented to make a small segment of the population feel good. Now we have this Charlie Romeo Alpha Poppa with tractors?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Looks to me like an R&D department with too much idle time on their hands. No rice paddies anywhere around here that I know of either.

Reminds me of my wife's Roomba. What a useless POS vacuum cleaner but it is good entertainment for the cats...

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
In Japan farming is an entirely different breed of cat from here, a tiny light weight tractor is what is needed in some places. I helped plant rice once in a plot basically the size of a vacant lot, in town. In that case it was being done by hand by friends and family, sort of like the old fashioned barn raising. I saw all kinds of ingenious tiny farm and construction equipment so it would fit the small fields or the narrow streets. No arable land goes to waste.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I think that thing looks really cool. Outside of mowing my field I don't like the autonomous bit though, I like tractoring.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
That's a TUV not a tractor ! Must be nice to get paid large for desigining a Totally Useless Vehicle.
Lots of easy to break 'plastic'. aerodynamic too, ,that's needed at 2 MPH ! I could go on but really it can't do ONE job on my property.
Hate to see the 'run time / power ' data let alone price tag for the batteries, that will need replacing every 5 years.:(

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really that is a nice build except for the electric part,, I would really like the 1970 concept one that would be super cool

todd.ted

Equipment
L2501 with SSQA bucket, Fisher plow, Land Pride RCR1560
Sep 22, 2019
VT
Looks like the R&D department got high after the Tesla Cybertruck launch and created this model...

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Looks like the R&D department got high after the Tesla Cybertruck launch and created this model...
Yup. And Kubota need to show some funky prototype stuff or else the industry analysts start saying that they're not on top of market trends and losing relevance etc. Same as the crazy concept cars that auto makers take to car shows. They know they're never making it, but if their board doesn't see them doing stuff like that they get worried.

In my business the equivalent thing is artificial intelligence. We all know it won't work for at least 15 years, if then, but if you don't do some projects that have AI written in the description somewhere then the board thinks we're not on top of industry trends. There's massive market for rebranding things that people already have and use as "AI" so that you can pretend you're doing cool new things when it's really same old stuff in a different tin.