Snowblower chute hydraulic motor installation

mayohill

Oct 18, 2019
Wilton.ME
Just installed a Charr-lynn 1.21 cu. in. hydraulic motor for the rotation of the discharge chute on my snowblower. I have a B7610 tractor and a B2781A blower.
After hooking up everything, I started the engine and tried to rotate the chute. It rotated in one direction but not the other. I swapped the quick disconnects and it rotated in the other direction but again not the other. It always rotates with the control lever to the left and will not rotate with the control lever to the right. It seems like the control valve is not allowing oil to flow in both rotational directions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Just installed a Charr-lynn 1.21 cu. in. hydraulic motor for the rotation of the discharge chute on my snowblower. I have a B7610 tractor and a B2781A blower.
After hooking up everything, I started the engine and tried to rotate the chute. It rotated in one direction but not the other. I swapped the quick disconnects and it rotated in the other direction but again not the other. It always rotates with the control lever to the left and will not rotate with the control lever to the right. It seems like the control valve is not allowing oil to flow in both rotational directions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Push the lever all the way to the right, there is another position.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Thought the same thing when I hooked up new blower. Also tried swapping lines. Issue was not pushing hard enough. Once you try it you'll see the difference.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
are you sure the hoses are connected properly, particularly the quick connects? i had an issue where my function was only working in one direction (and very slowly) and not the other. It ended up being the quick connects on the hoses felt like they were seated, but were wrong. Once I changed them out everything was ok

post some pictures of your set up, i would love to see this.

mayohill

Oct 18, 2019
Wilton.ME
Thank for the"Regen" info. I'm sure that the problem lies in the fact that my tractor is a 2005 model and most probably has a 3 way valve. I guess that I either return to my electric mod or look into purchasing a 4way valve. Thanks to everyone for the help.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Thank for the"Regen" info. I'm sure that the problem lies in the fact that my tractor is a 2005 model and most probably has a 3 way valve. I guess that I either return to my electric mod or look into purchasing a 4way valve. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Look at this post to see how I solved this problem without buying the 4 way valve.https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34349&highlight=snow+blower&page=3
Look at #24 for a description.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I have a 2001 BX2200 and ran into the regen issue. Took years to find out what it was. The price of the 4-way valve was prohibitive. There really isn't a lot of room to add an extra mechanical valve on the BX, so... I went to Surplus Center and bought the solenoid valve and hooked it up after the loader valve. Works like a charm.