Land Pride RB1672 vs RB2672?

Sparky73

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2018 B2650HSD
Apr 28, 2018
WA
I'm shopping for a rear blade for my B2650 and am having a little trouble deciding. I want one that is reversible and has tilt.

What are the advantages of an RB2672 over a RB1672 other than the additional weight? Anyone using one with a B2650?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I'm shopping for a rear blade for my B2650 and am having a little trouble deciding. I want one that is reversible and has tilt.

What are the advantages of an RB2672 over a RB1672 other than the additional weight? Anyone using one with a B2650?
If you look at all the specs, The mold board on the 16 series is 1/4" and only 14" tall. On the 26 series the moldboard is 17 1/2" tall and made with 5/16" thick material. That is what makes up the 72lb difference.

Also you can get end side plates for the 26 series, but not the 16 series.

Get the 26 series, just a better blade. ;)

Sparky73

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2018 B2650HSD
Apr 28, 2018
WA
If you look at all the specs, The mold board on the 16 series is 1/4" and only 14" tall. On the 26 series the moldboard is 17 1/2" tall and made with 5/16" thick material. That is what makes up the 72lb difference.

Also you can get end side plates for the 26 series, but not the 16 series.

Get the 26 series, just a better blade. ;)

I did read the specs. Just wondering if anyone with a B2650 has experience with both. The RB2672 is substantially bigger as well. Just curious if it's too big for a B2650. No dealers around here have them in stock so I'd be ordering blind.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Everyone's use and experience will be different. For me, I used a light duty 7' blade for years clearing snow. I put a RB2684 heavier duty blade on my tractor and started marking up pavement while plowing snow.
You don't state what your intended use is, but keep in mind a heavier blade may mark up pavement more than a lighter blade. I plow 10-15 driveways, and ended up putting a polyurethane edge on the RB2684 blade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sparky73

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2018 B2650HSD
Apr 28, 2018
WA
Everyone's use and experience will be different. For me, I used a light duty 7' blade for years clearing snow. I put a RB2684 heavier duty blade on my tractor and started marking up pavement while plowing snow.
You don't state what your intended use is, but keep in mind a heavier blade may mark up pavement more than a lighter blade. I plow 10-15 driveways, and ended up putting a polyurethane edge on the RB2684 blade.
Thank you. That's a good point about the heavier blades marking up concrete. I hadn't considered anything bigger than a 72" because I want to be able to reverse the blade without disconnecting.

Main uses will be light snow removal, crowning a gravel driveway, and maybe creating a shallow drainage ditch on the lower part of our land. The taller blade of the RB2672 might work better for snow removal but I'll have to consider the weight. Could always put something on the edge as you discussed.

Johnson16

Equipment
L2501
Jul 9, 2019
Metamora, Michigan
Thank you. That's a good point about the heavier blades marking up concrete. I hadn't considered anything bigger than a 72" because I want to be able to reverse the blade without disconnecting.

Main uses will be light snow removal, crowning a gravel driveway, and maybe creating a shallow drainage ditch on the lower part of our land. The taller blade of the RB2672 might work better for snow removal but I'll have to consider the weight. Could always put something on the edge as you discussed.
I can give a little input. I have an L2501 and started out with an RB1572 mostly because that was recommended and I didn***8217;t know any different at the time. Well within 2 months I had bent the blade a little. Not intentionally but plowing a new house and the neighbors for first time and caught some rocks on driveway edge I guess. Not hard but enough to bend the blade. I assume that was it anyways. Maybe backing into one slowly. Who knows. Anyways, I upgraded to the RB2672. It***8217;s a whole different animal. Much much heavier build. At first it almost seems to bulky to be honest. But you get used to it. The only downside might be that the 17***8221; mold board can load up with more snow. A full blade of that is all the L2501 wants an will push the front end around a little.

Side note, I would much rather have Top and tilt setup. The ability to angle blade wasn***8217;t as helpful as I originally hoped just because there is really only three positions. Adjusting the turnbuckle on 2501 to get other angles is a bit of a pain.

Last edited:

Sparky73

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2018 B2650HSD
Apr 28, 2018
WA
I can give a little input. I have an L2501 and started out with an RB1572 mostly because that was recommended and I didn***8217;t know any different at the time. Well within 2 months I had bent the blade a little. Not intentionally but plowing a new house and the neighbors for first time and caught some rocks on driveway edge I guess. Not hard but enough to bend the blade. I assume that was it anyways. Maybe backing into one slowly. Who knows. Anyways, I upgraded to the RB2672. It***8217;s a whole different animal. Much much heavier build. At first it almost seems to bulky to be honest. But you get used to it. The only downside might be that the 17***8221; mold board can load up with more snow. A full blade of that is all the L2501 wants an will push the front end around a little.

Side note, I would much rather have Top and tilt setup. The ability to angle blade wasn***8217;t as helpful as I originally hoped just because there is really only three positions. Adjusting the turnbuckle on 2501 to get other angles is a bit of a pain.
Thank you for the real world comparison. I'm planning relatively light projects so I went ahead and ordered the 1672 last week. Have to check out the top and tilt but I don't have rear remotes or third function so that's entirely another project to add to my list. Here's to hoping I don't regret the lighter blade....:cool: