Kubota L2650 Wont turn over

Dibbs

Equipment
1991 Kubota 2650
Oct 4, 2015
OMAK
With a recent cold spell/snow there wasn't enough juice in the battery, and I had to jump start my tractor a couple times. The last time a couple days ago, it started fine no jump start, and I put the charge on for a full charge on the battery.

However, today it would not turn over, either with just the battery, nor with jumper cables attached. One of the terminals was loose, and i tightened that up. When I turn the key to start, No click or anything, bright lights on the dash, headlights bright. When I turn the key to the left, it clicks or makes a noise on the solenoid or something in line with the ground post on the battery.

I am wondering if a relay is out.

Checked the 5 or so fuses in the fuse box, none burned out. HELP please.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you have bright dash lights yet it won't crank you more than likely have a safety switch issue, on that model there is probably only 2, clutch and PTO, or shuttle lever if GST model.

Dibbs

Equipment
1991 Kubota 2650
Oct 4, 2015
OMAK
Does anyone have a diagram of the location of the safety switches on a 1991 L2650 Kubota. I fiddled with it today without success. I know that it has to be in neutral to start, assuming the PTO has to be disengaged as well. Fortunately no new snow predicted as I am waiting for parts for the snowblower too.

Dibbs

Equipment
1991 Kubota 2650
Oct 4, 2015
OMAK
Update

Thank you to those that replied and offered suggestions. The culprit was the safety switch on the forward/reverse shifter. I believe the other safety switch on this model is associated with the pto, as the seat does not have one. That being said, I am back in business...let it snow. :D I suppose now I should tear down the snowblower and replace the broken impeller. When it rains... it rains.

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Update

The culprit was the safety switch on the forward/reverse shifter.
For those of us with little mechanical experience but trying to learn, what did you do with that switch? Is it just something that you can reset, did you have to replace it, or what?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
For those of us with little mechanical experience but trying to learn, what did you do with that switch? Is it just something that you can reset, did you have to replace it, or what?
On older models you normally just replace the switch, on some of the newer models sometimes its just an adjustment issue. ;)