What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
In a lull here. The real snow went way North of us.

The excitement(?) for today was an early run into the church to scrape off about an inch of slushy mix off one parking lot so the less-than-young ladies wouldn't have to walk through it this morning.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
In a lull here. The real snow went way North of us.

The excitement(?) for today was an early run into the church to scrape off about an inch of slushy mix off one parking lot so the less-than-young ladies wouldn't have to walk through it this morning.
No need of sending it here Chim, we already have enough thanks.:rolleyes:

K.P.

Equipment
B7300, LA272 FEL, B2650, 8160 Ballast, G2460G Mower, Danuser 20/40, Woods RB60
Aug 11, 2010
Cary, IL
After sitting in my Dads garage for 8 years, I finally brought this B2650 Snowblower home. I had to fix frozen electric shute rotator motor, clean and lube, and modify the FEL frame to accommodate mount. It took a little while getting used to using it but by the third neighbors driveway I had it down. The rear blade was very beneficial for more than just being a counter weight.

Attachments

Tbucket32

Equipment
B7500
Jul 6, 2019
Puslinch,Ontario Canada
Looks were deceiving this morning. I should have put the blower on the tractor. Took 2 hours to use the BB and FEL to dig out this morning. The drifts were much denser than expected. The time to put the blower on and use it would have still been less than the 2 hours!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Snow? what's that? We did freeze up a bit this past week but are back in the mid 40's this weekend with more rain so no chance of getting out to cut up any blow downs. If I can get a couple weeks of below freezing where I can get back in to the woods and not rip anything up, I'd be happy.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Now that ground has frozen and has snow cover, I have been building next winters firewood pile.
Pulling out soft maple, which I have tons of and red oak of which I have less.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Now that ground has frozen and has snow cover,
I have been building next winters firewood pile.
Pulling out soft maple, which I have tons of and red oak of which I have less.
Today the ground is thawing :mad: so I'm cutting beech on the hilltop :), lots of dead and dying from the blight.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Today the ground is thawing :mad: so I'm cutting beech on the hilltop :), lots of dead and dying from the blight.
Your killing me.... I use maple and beech for furniture!
Sounds nuts to be burning it! :eek:

But then again, I've burnt enough tamarack, douglas fir, ponderosa pine, and red fir to be able to have built several houses. :rolleyes: :p

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I got the new cutting edge put on my BX. The old one was worn back a fair amount, the PO must have used it a lot to wear it down that much.
Before I put it on, I also bought a straight bolt-on cutting edge from the local dealer, and drilled holes in the new cutting edge to bolt it under the new cutting edge. That way, I can just replace the bolt-on edge instead of cutting off and welding a new one.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Snow? what's that? We did freeze up a bit this past week but are back in the mid 40's this weekend with more rain so no chance of getting out to cut up any blow downs. If I can get a couple weeks of below freezing where I can get back in to the woods and not rip anything up, I'd be happy.
I love playing in the snow and have some outside work that requires colder weather. Our weather is in the "Cheat Poor Chim" pattern so far this year. We have spells of blue cold for several days and then it warms up and rains.

We have trees but no woods. There are two trees that need to come down and another slated for serious trimming. We haven't had a cold spell that coincided with my free time.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just much rain here. ~14" so far in January when our normal is 2"-3". More forecast for this weekend. :confused:
Yeah, another weekend working indoors. Thankful for the rain, just wish it would hit on Monday and Tuesday so I can have a dry weekend.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It has really shut my sawmilling down. Not necessarily because I can't saw between rains, but the woods are too wet for customers to get logs out.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I grooved my R4 tires last night and played on the ice this morning testing them out. I am happy with the mod. It didn't take too long and makes a noticeable difference.

groove6.jpg

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Your killing me.... I use maple and beech for furniture!
Sounds nuts to be burning it! :eek:

But then again, I've burnt enough tamarack, douglas fir, ponderosa pine, and red fir to be able to have built several houses. :rolleyes: :p
Well, these trees were too far gone for lumber; besides the black "blisters" all over the otherwise smooth bark, they had dead, broken tops and mushrooms on the bark.
If I waited much longer to harvest, they would start rotting on the stump and go to waste.
The soft maple is small < 12", scraggly stuff suitable only for burning.

Last edited: