Hydraulic Problems B7200

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
This is my first post, so I will try not to run on. I have a B7200 Tractor. I pulled the tractor into my little shop on my farm about 3 months ago. I was doing repairs to the peddle for foreword and backward. But found that the 4 wd driveshaft was just about to come apart at the u-joints. That said the tractor has sat idle for all this time as I was working on it. I drained all the Hydraulic fluid and it was open for a month while waiting for parts. I just got it back together and tried to start it. Would not start. i went through all the checks I could do and determined that the fuel pump quite working. Installed a new furl pump and primed all the lines and it fired right up. But now I have No Fluid to the Filter on top of the Hydro drive pump. I tried priming as many lines and bleeding ones as I could. When I was underneath, I was not able to pull the lines to get to the screens, but was able to access the screens another way and cleaned them. I used the correct fluid from the dealer. So after Not getting anywhere, I pulled the Hydraulic Pump, but have No Place around me that will test it. Did I miss something that would cause something in the supply system to not prime?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is my first post, so I will try not to run on. I have a B7200 Tractor. I pulled the tractor into my little shop on my farm about 3 months ago. I was doing repairs to the peddle for foreword and backward. But found that the 4 wd driveshaft was just about to come apart at the u-joints. That said the tractor has sat idle for all this time as I was working on it. I drained all the Hydraulic fluid and it was open for a month while waiting for parts. I just got it back together and tried to start it. Would not start. i went through all the checks I could do and determined that the fuel pump quite working. Installed a new furl pump and primed all the lines and it fired right up. But now I have No Fluid to the Filter on top of the Hydro drive pump. I tried priming as many lines and bleeding ones as I could. When I was underneath, I was not able to pull the lines to get to the screens, but was able to access the screens another way and cleaned them. I used the correct fluid from the dealer. So after Not getting anywhere, I pulled the Hydraulic Pump, but have No Place around me that will test it. Did I miss something that would cause something in the supply system to not prime?
The filter on the top of the hydro is not the filter for they main hydraulic pump, that filter is for the hydro, it only gets fluid when you try to move the tractor.

Now the chances of the main pump just going out is highly unlikely.
You just need to make sure there are no suction leaks on the intake line (large line) to the pump, fill the tractor with hydraulic fluid, leave the output line (small line) just slightly loose, have a pan under it, and be prepared to shut it off quickly.

Report back after you do that.

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
The filter on the top of the hydro is not the filter for they main hydraulic pump, that filter is for the hydro, it only gets fluid when you try to move the tractor.

Now the chances of the main pump just going out is highly unlikely.
You just need to make sure there are no suction leaks on the intake line (large line) to the pump, fill the tractor with hydraulic fluid, leave the output line (small line) just slightly loose, have a pan under it, and be prepared to shut it off quickly.

Report back after you do that.
I reinstalled the pump I removed. Left the one line loose, and when the tractor is running, very little fluid comes out of the small line at the flared fitting connection I left loose. Also the the trans shaft turns, and the 3 point raises and lowers, but the pedal has very little residence when moved. No tractor movement.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When I was underneath, I was not able to pull the lines to get to the screens, but was able to access the screens another way and cleaned them.
You need to explain this better, if you were not able to remove them, how did you clean them?

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
You need to explain this better, if you were not able to remove them, how did you clean them?
The screens where exposed on one side. They looked clean, but I went ahead and cleaned them with spray brake clean. From the way you asked it sounds like what I did was out of ignorance and should find a way to break the nuts loose, take them out properly and clean the screens. I will do that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The screens where exposed on one side. They looked clean, but I went ahead and cleaned them with spray brake clean. From the way you asked it sounds like what I did was out of ignorance and should find a way to break the nuts loose, take them out properly and clean the screens. I will do that.
I don't know how this is possible?
Both screens are in a very inaccessible location.
In order to physically see the screens,
Filter screen 1 you would have to pull the three point lift cylinder case off of the rear Transmission housing to see it.
Filter screen 2 you would have to pull the mid case cover off or maybe by some odd luck be able to look down the fill hole with a light to see that screen.

Filter screen 1

Filter screen 2

Now if for some reason you did actually get to the screens and spray brake parts cleaner in and on them and didn't get 100% of it out and some of it got into the HST, all bets are off as it's very possible that you have damaged the HST, because brake parts cleaner is very caustic to seals and O-rings!

I'm getting worried that your on a downhill ride, with no brakes! :(

Attachments

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
I Hope I had not caused more problems. I will explain what I thought was the screens. There is a plate that has what I was told was a PTO Drive for using a belly mower. It was leaking very badly and someone had stripped one of the bolts. When I drop the housing I could see what I believed was the screens, (just the side that was facing me).
Now What have done since I last wrote you was I pulled the pump off again and cleaned all the metal tubes and checked where I could for any blockage (None found) I removed the screens (the correct way). The Large screen had a small amount of film on the one end. The smaller screen was really clean, but had some metal bits on the screen. Clean both with Diesel fuel and reinstalled. Put New Fluid in. What I did was put half the fluid into the fill plug and the other half using hoses, keep adding fluid through the pump until it came out lines. When I started the tractor, I still had No movement, so I cracked a few lines and this time I had fluid in all lines including the filter, as the fluid dropped back down when I removed the filter. I ran the tractor for a few minutes but No Results as for movement. I did notice alot of bubbles below where you fill. I'm guessing that's Not Good on the pump, so I did not run again. I now have fluid through all lines, just No Movement.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check all suction lines (one to the HST and one to the main hydraulic pump) for wetness, if any are wet it could have a suction leak.

When you run the tractor, does the three point work now?

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
I wanted to reach out and Thank the Man - North Idaho Wolfman for his help. I'm sure he has better things to do than to Baby Sit a new Member. But I would like to ask if anyone still might be able help just a little more. I had explained that I went back through and cleaned the filter screens, added New Fluid and was able to see that I now had fluid in all lines, were I did not before. However the tractor still won't move. I did note a lot of bubbles in the tank. I did some research on this site and found that bubbles are caused by (2) things. Low fluid and a possible blockage causing a restriction which is causing the bubbles. How would you attempt to locate a possible blockage and/or bleed the air out. Just to restate, the tractor did function when I pulled it into my barn before I drained the fluid.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok you don't need to focus on the main hydraulics then, as that part of the system is working.

Now all you need to focus on is the HST.

how long have you had it running with the HST pedal held down?

I have seen them take a couple min to kick in after a full fluid drain.

And like i said check the suction line of the HST for wet spots in the line or the rubber hose, it could be sucking air.

One other note: I've heard of people doing fluid changes and replacing filters only to have either the wrong filter or a internally damaged filter installed.
Did you use a kubota filter?
Sorry if you've already covered this, it does get a little hectic around here.

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
Thank You again for helping. I have moved the pedal back and forth each time I ran the tractor, but never held for very long down.
I will check the suction lines again tomorrow.
Yes I used a Factory Filter from the Dealer.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Make sure the range shifter is in gear, not in neutral. If the shifter got bumped, it might be sitting between high range and low range, in which case the tractor won't move even if the HST is fine.

Don't Ask Me How I Know This. (tm).

moldboy

Equipment
B7200 Compact Tractor
Jan 21, 2020
Eldon, MO Morgan
I Don't Know how to Thank You Wolfman. I wanted to give you the final chapter on my problem. I did what you recommended and cleaned all the hoses. Found a few loose clamps, but still had bubbles and still did not move. So I checked the other thing you said, I just did not kinda look at the hoses on the suction side, but I completely removed them. The one to the pump I removed and to my surprise, it was not blocked by a foreign body, rather the inner wall of the hose had collapsed in. I replaced the hose, filled the fluid and the tractor now moves. Again Thank You, You saved me a lot of money, I just don't have right now and you stuck with me. My deepest respect for your integrity sir. What a great relief.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I Don't Know how to Thank You Wolfman. I wanted to give you the final chapter on my problem. I did what you recommended and cleaned all the hoses. Found a few loose clamps, but still had bubbles and still did not move. So I checked the other thing you said, I just did not kinda look at the hoses on the suction side, but I completely removed them. The one to the pump I removed and to my surprise, it was not blocked by a foreign body, rather the inner wall of the hose had collapsed in. I replaced the hose, filled the fluid and the tractor now moves. Again Thank You, You saved me a lot of money, I just don't have right now and you stuck with me. My deepest respect for your integrity sir. What a great relief.
Excellent to hear! :D
Glad I could help. ;)